SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has probably been beaten to death by now, but i just got done installing my HKS exhaust (sounds really nice..very pleased) and my hotshot cai is on its way...any tips you tech gods can provide is greatly appreciated..as it took me over two hours just to get my stock exhaust off!!!(rust..grrrrrr......)

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Keep the couplers loose til you have it all in, then tighten them down. You may want to redrill teh holes in your battery tray to move it towards the pass. side just a little for more clearance (I didnt need to, but some have). A Dremel works well for cutting the fender hole...as I hear so does a grinder wheel. It makes it a "little" easier if you jack the front and remove the drivers side tire...you don't have to, it may just make it a little easier for you to install the filter on the lower pipe. If you run into any problems, post them and they will get answered.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cutting the fender hole?? just when i thought i was done cutting stuff on my car! doh! Is this basically where the filter has to go through? where exactly is a good place for it? I'll keep the coupler thing in mind..thanks..sorry for all the dummy questions..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
all you should have to do is enlargen the existing hole for the stock airbox.

stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VSPEC SER:
Cutting the fender hole?? just when i thought i was done cutting stuff on my car! doh! Is this basically where the filter has to go through? where exactly is a good place for it? I'll keep the coupler thing in mind..thanks..sorry for all the dummy questions..</font>
The intake should come with a template showing exactly where to cut. I used an air powered grinder to make quick work of it.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Also use some wire loom or something to line the freshly cut hole. That way its not metal on metal rubbing the paint off the intake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a really good idea soupaflie..probably wouldnt of thought of that...thanks for the help guys!

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Don't drive in deep water. period.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
Registered
420 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black200sxSER:

Does anyone have any info on water protection for the place racing CAI?

Don't drive in deep water. period.

</font>
Uh good advice. LOL. Make sure your splashguard is in one piece. Don't let your brother drive your car in terential down pour. Oh the memories....I have to move in this sat and my car is still on stands!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Toddles82 (edited 08-16-2001).]

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
The Honda boys tried them on the outside of their motors, then on the inside when they fell apart. But, they are supposed to be fixed now....anyone wanna buy some Firestones..?

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R

·
Registered
287 Posts
how deep of water are we talking about? it rains alot here

aem air bypass valve wont do anything if your in heavy water dude.....and plus you have to cut your CAI and lose power and sound

·
Registered
287 Posts
how does your hks exhaust sound? ive heard they're pretty damn quiet but really deep......i just know they look alot less ricey than greddy

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
GReddy does not look ricey. Besides, it seems to me like you get it for either the sound, or performance, and GReddy covers both of those pretty well.

Ju§tin

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I think you mean the air temperature sensor. The 02 sensors on the SR20 plug into the header and the cat and isn't an issue when installing a CAI.
JayTee said:
what about dealing with the o2 sensor when adding on the cold air?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts