SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm ready to shell out some $$$ for a CAI. Which one is the best for a '93 Classic, and how much increased power and noise should I expect? Should I also have it "re-routed" to the bumper area (where the driving-lights are)to get the best effect? TIA

·
8,148 Posts
AEM

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Well I might at well add my 2 cents in here....

Umm... make a custom one
. Just kidding HS and PR are essentially the same thing.

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Custom cold air by Andreas.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
AEM's new intake has been dyno proven to make 4-5 more HP than Hotshot or Place CAI's.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

G

·
I have the CAI from Place Racing. I paid extra for the silver one. The coating is very good, but they do not make it from one tube. They weld a few together. I had hoped they used one tube with smooth bends. Its not bad though, they do grind down the welds on the inside where the tubes jet out. Also you get one mean sound when you step on it. I think thats my favorite part. You may have to get them to ship you an adapter plate for your mass air flow meter (MAF). The original one they sent me was the wrong size. Hope this helps, best of luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand there's a group deal going on for the AEM on the SE-R mailing list too. Maybe this is perfect timing. Thanks all. -D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts