SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy was I wrong. I thought that driving around with a CAI lowers your intake air temps. But I have a solution. I did a write-up on it. Please read it. The results of the testing are surprising. Click on the link in my sig and click on "CAI wrap" in the table of contents under "Engine." Please tell me if my testing was flawed.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
That is awesome. Where did you get the idea to do that? How much was your Techtom mdm-100 and where did you get it from? I know both Craig and Jack have them in their cars. It looks like a great tool for monitoring engine operation.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
That is awesome. Where did you get the idea to do that? How much was your Techtom mdm-100 and where did you get it from? I know both Craig and Jack have them in their cars. It looks like a great tool for monitoring engine operation.
</font>

I always wanted to do it, but never had the Techtom. You can get a Techtom from JWT. They are selling them for $420. It is a great tool for tuning the car and making sure that it runs properly. It is expensive, but cheap when you consider that the price of a Nissan consult is more than $1,000.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nj1266:
I always wanted to do it, but never had the Techtom. You can get a Techtom from JWT. They are selling them for $420. It is a great tool for tuning the car and making sure that it runs properly. It is expensive, but cheap when you consider that the price of a Nissan consult is more than $1,000.

</font>
hmm, isn't that the one that can be used on ALL nissan's w/ diagnostic ports? it does plug into the diagnostic port doesn't it? i may have to pick one up..

·
Registered
222 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
hmm, isn't that the one that can be used on ALL nissan's w/ diagnostic ports? it does plug into the diagnostic port doesn't it? i may have to pick one up..</font>
I think it only works on OBD I equipped cars.

-jason

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jayac:
I think it only works on OBD I equipped cars.

-jason
</font>

It works on all Nissans from 1991 to 1997. It does not work on 98s and on. Since I had my 98 ECU exchanged with a JWT 97 ECU, then I can use it. And it does plug in the diagnostic port. I leave it plugged in all of the time. It is cool to read all the engine data in real time

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Registered
858 Posts
DEI makes this also with velcro so you can take it off easy looks good too for about 50 bucks.took me a half hour to wrap the whole thing.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
DEI makes this also with velcro so you can take it off easy looks good too for about 50 bucks.took me a half hour to wrap the whole thing.
</font>

What is DEI? How can I get in touch with them?

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I belive it is the same company that makes alot of stereo stuff like wiring, deadening material, ect,ect. I might just wrap mine in an old wool sweater and electrical tape though
j/k

·
Registered
858 Posts
dei is a company that makes wraps for spark plug wires and headers ,CAI tubes etc. mine is reflective and has like fiberglass looking woven srands on the inside. says it reduces intake air temps by up to 35%. Summit catalog has them. three foot long just tell them your intake pipe Outside Diameter.for free import racing parts catalog call 1800-962-9094 summit racing= lot's of goodies cheap too.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

1 - 12 of 12 Posts