SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone on this site has a place racing cold air intake in their classic se-r. I was wondering how much hp it added, if any of you have dynoed your se-r with just the place racing CAI please let me know how much hp it added.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
TAMPA BAY IN THA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE REPRESENTIN UP IN THIS BEEEIITCH!!!!

Anyways to answer your question. It adds about 5-7 HP.
But it varies on every SR20 engine. One might put out 5hp while another puts out 10hp. But its definitely worth getting from what the "CREW" says here!! What part of Tampa are you from?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
CAI ROCKS!!!!!!!

I have a PR CAI in my Classic. I am not sure how many HP it added but I am more than happy with it. It is a awesome mod. I felt a decent improvement in power. Its great! It also sounds mean as hell!:D

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
PR CAI

I don't know what it would have dynoed but it is very noticeable mod. Worth the $200. It may just be me but I feel the torq. increased alot from it.
I dropped 3/10 off of my 1/8 time when I installed it.

Darren

·
Registered
66 Posts
Smooth he really live hear in st. pete. let me know if ur going out this weekend we can meet u pif u PM a brotha

·
Registered
486 Posts
so yah, uhm is the pr cai worth it more than the 300+ dollar aem cai??? not to mention, i cant even find an aem cai for sale for our cars, where they at? and this pr cai is 200? which is better?

·
8,148 Posts
Re: AEM vs. PR CAI

Its311Pete said:
For another $100 you may gain a a couple hp. not worth it to me.

Place Racing all the way.!!!
For a couple more HP yes it is. How many people pay $150+ for Nology wires that produce no HP by themselves and pops off at every opportunity they get? The finish and research and fitting + the carb number makes the AEM worth $100 more. And BTW, it is not really $100 more when it comes to buying it at the right shop.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
How many people pay $150+ for Nology wires that produce no HP by themselves and pops off at every opportunity they get? The finish and research and fitting + the carb number makes the AEM worth $100 more.
I agree with you on Nology wires first off. I didn't have any problems with my PR CAI fitting in my Classic. Little tight but it worked fine. I didn't know the exact #'s on the AEM unit's cost just went by the post that KikoSanchez182 put up. If you take a PR CAI + Pace Setter Header and compare it to someone that has bought a AEM CAI and a Hot shot header, The man that went with the PR CAI and the pace setter header would be half way in savings to Robs Stage 1 Intake. Now that would be a hell of alot more hp's for your dollar. Not flaming but looking at this from a budget standpoint.

Darren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts