SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Right here, just illin in Simi Valley, 10 minutes from Northridge! When's the next So. Cal meet? I have next weekend off, the 10th and 11th!! Anyone know of anything FUN going on?

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
F-MAX Stage 2

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
All up in the inland empire! Right on the border of OC. Anyone else out here?

Frank the guys from SERCA are going up to SMC to have a little get together. Are you a member?

Hey enjoyDride, how did you do on Friday?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
yeah I"m a member Martin. Maybe I'll stop by there. I've been meaning to get the coolant/water hooked up to my turbo, maybe I'll have some of the geeks help me! :)

Frank
96 200sx se-R

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Frank, whats up bro....where did you get your trans fill done at for you N20?? How about we get some guys together to go out to California Speedway to try out their 1320'.

Martin that sucks what happened to you guys, my best time was a 14.4 @94mph my clutch is starting to slip more and more..
:(

Alfie

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
enjoyDride said:
Hey Frank, whats up bro....where did you get your trans fill done at for you N20?? How about we get some guys together to go out to California Speedway to try out their 1320'.
Trans fills I get here in Simi Valley, from Big Ed. He charges $3 a lb. but usually he would fill up an empty bottle to 12 lbs for $30 or so, he's pretty cool. They hit hard as **** those bottles.

When can we go out to the Speedway? This weekend? They don't allow slicks right? just street tires?

Frank
96 200sx SE-R

·
Registered
708 Posts
Garden Grove here!

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
im down for the speedway, whats the elevation there anywho?

who all wants to go? i am in San Diego, caravan anyone?

hey frank, whats your best time so far? havent you only run street tires?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
im down for the speedway, whats the elevation there anywho?

who all wants to go? i am in San Diego, caravan anyone?

hey frank, whats your best time so far? havent you only run street tires?
Is the Speedway open this weekend Steve? If so, I'm down to go!

I took it out last week to LACR, and ran a [email protected] mph with 12-17 psi of boost and massive wheel spin. I don't know if elevation hurts turbo cars as well, or I just suck. I think it's the latter. My best 60 foots of the night were 2.6's, this is with Kumho 712 rubber.

A far cry from my 1.8 60 foots and 12.4 ET's with the NOS and slicks! But damn, look at that trap!

Frank

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
NorCal...

Hey I'm up in Santa Cruz. I'm an autocrosser though, no drag racing for me! I ran a [email protected] once in Sacramento lol

I make it to SoCal every once in awhile, like for Streets of Willow track days.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
37deg N, 121deg W... or San Jose to be exact. :D

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (the trackslut)
1998 200SX SE-R (the slow street car that's not running right now)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys I think Cali Speedway is open every once in a while, I think they will open back up in January. I know the just opened a 1/8 strip in Irwindale. Test and tune on Thursday they open at 4 till 10 any body up for it. I plan on going.

Alfie

·
Registered
708 Posts
enjoyDride said:
Guys I think Cali Speedway is open every once in a while, I think they will open back up in January. I know the just opened a 1/8 strip in Irwindale. Test and tune on Thursday they open at 4 till 10 any body up for it. I plan on going.

Alfie
I don't know how the traction will be at Irwindale. I just participated in a BMW autocross there this last sunday and with just a little bit of rain it was like trying to drive on a slip and slide. There are lots of rock quaries in the area and they produce a lot of dust.

Alfie, when are you going? Maybe I'll come by and try it also.

Art

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tomorrow, I first intended to go to Cali speedway but they wont reopen till January. It should be fun, and it is not an hour 1/2 away (LACR). :D

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
A far cry from my 1.8 60 foots and 12.4 ET's with the NOS and slicks! But damn, look at that trap!
yeah, you are doing what? 3 mph more than you used to? thats pretty damned fast, little more tuning, more boost and some slicks and you should easily beat your best ET on NO.

damn, now i really need turbo.

Is the Speedway open this weekend Steve? If so, I'm down to go!
judging by previous posts, i dont think it is....what about Pomona, i think they temporarily closed their test and tune sessions, but i am not sure. i would love to goto pomona, calrsbad down here is fun, but i dont trust their equipment, plus all those cracks in the launchpad give me massive amounts of wheelhop, despite JWT mounts, full ES front bushing set and N-Tech control arm brace, 14" 60 series tires @ 20 psi. the last time i went, i was pulling 9.5's in the 1/8 and only a 15.0 @71mph!!?? when i was in the left lane i was pulling 92-93mph, and the right lane registered only 71. GHE-TOE. i know i was going a HELL of a lot faster than that, as i shifted into 4th every time. wheelhop kept me stuck with 2.3x 60' times too! what other tracks are good, but not 10 million miles away?

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
ohh yeah, hey frank, were you unbolted at the track?

also, are you running a resonator & muffler or just a muffler? is it unbearably loud or what?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
ohh yeah, hey frank, were you unbolted at the track?

also, are you running a resonator & muffler or just a muffler? is it unbearably loud or what?
no I was running my full exhaust. I'm using a dynomax 3" bullet resonator and 3" dynomax muffler. It's not to bad, definitely not an annoying tone, nice and deep. I live in a quiet neighberhood, so when I come home at 2am with my car shaking like a NASCAR because of the motor mounts, the 3" exhaust and all, it's pretty friggin loud. But when I'm out rolling around town it sounds fine.

Frank

1 - 20 of 90 Posts