SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my jdm engine is in, and it's running.. thanks to the help of mike g. the only thing that we didn't do was adjust the timing and tps. it idles real rough and when driving doesn't smooth out until after 3k rpm.

well, he's a busy guy just like the rest of us, so i was wondering if there was anyone in the area with a timing gun and volt meter who might be willing to help me tomorrow evening with this.. if you can't tell already, the sooner i get the car on the road, the better.

i have the old engine in my garage.. and whatever isn't claimed already is yours if you can make it over tomorrow evening to help me out.

i know it's a sad cry for help.. but money is tight and i can't throw down 35 bucks for a timing gun at the moment.

anyone?

------------------
Jon - '95 G20t

[This message has been edited by bump909 (edited 07-17-2001).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Wish I could come and help but I'm not very close

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ben, i appreciate it. i might just have to break the bank and buy a timing gun.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have a multimeter that you can use for voltage..as for timing gun..sorry..i will need one in the near future as well once i get an engine in..let me know.later

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Jon, let me know what you're planning on doing with that motor. I am looking to get a blown SR20 or whatever to put it up on an engine stand and take apart. Since my car is my daily driver I don't get much of a chance to mess around with it. let me know, [email protected]
btw, congrats on the sucessful swap.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wish I could help. No timing gun here either.........

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts