SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using a CAI in an area that gets alot of rain or snow? has anyone suffered any ill effects? do you just switch it to a POP if it rains alot?

Anything else you can add would be appreciated!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you're concerned about Hydralock, and your CAI is a 3" system(most are), why don't you invest in AEM's "Bypass Valve"? It fits anywhere on your system where piping is joined together. What it does is close off the piping upstream of wherever it's placed from whatever condensation is in the system, and re-routes fresh air from the outside on the top of the valve, while draining the moisture out of the bottom of the unit(at least that's my understanding).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks chris. it comes in 2", 2 1/2 and 3" dia. i guess i'm just waiting til someone else uses it, other than the kojima tests, and see what's up. here in FLA, rainy season can be a real challenge. guess i can always change it to POP if i get paranoid.

any other to add?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get the silencer box out of the bumper when you install a CAI?

·
Registered
254 Posts
No problems here in Atlanta - lots of rain and even some snow! I don't personally know anyone who has the AEM bypass valve referred to above, but the theory is certainly plausible.

CB

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ya, Im debating if im gonna go CAI or POP, i live just north of Seattle and it rains a lot up here, no real flooding though, so id probably invest in the bypass and go with a CAI, why not, my engine has 157K on it and my wife said that the only way im getting a new engine is if mine putts out. so either way im set.

Daniel K
93 NX2000

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually it's closed off and has flaps around the inside of it. and if the filter submerged then those flaps open (from the vacume and pull air from there. Its easy for it to pull the air and the water wont come up the pipe. Kinda like if you have a straw with some slit about an inch from your mouth its harder for you to pull the drink past the hole in the straw. and it kinda hovers underneath.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the explaination, Sake! that sounds alot more feasable than what my understanding of this valve was(and alot cheaper to make, too!)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a HS CAI and I get a lot of rain and snow where I live. No problems at all. In heavy snow and rain I drive about 20 miles to work. I have the AEM bypass valve, but I am to lazy to install it yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts