SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm putting out a call for all you turbo B13 and NX drivers, preferrably those who kept their AC systems.

If you have any pictures of your IC piping, specifically how the lines are run, and what had to be cut-out to get it to work.

I bought a complete set of piping and IC from a B13, but after finally getting the front end of the car off, I don't see ANY way it will fit on my car. Now it is engineering time, and I'd like to see what everyone else is doing.

Please post them here, or email them to me at:
robmeadows(at symbol) comcast (dot) net

(trying to avoid some of the spam)

Thanks!!

Rob

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I have pics of mine, sent you an IM thorugh AIM and no response. Let me know and I can zip them and email them or just send through aim.

Brent

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
did you look at floridasr20s.com

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
R0b_ said:
Yep, but my setup is different, so I was really hoping to get more ideas, maybe some NX pics

i am very interested in some pics too... have seen floridasr20s. but still am not sure on what i need to have welded in on the cold side right before it inters the throttle body??? because i know the stock air box hs a bunch of tubes going into it... just would like to see some pics also and maybe some tips on what needs to go inline with the pipping..

ps should be getting my pipes tomorow

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
All you need is one 1/2" bung put on the TB pipe for the large vacuum line off the IM. THen on the intake pipe to the turbo you have the same thing really for the line off the VC. Don't worry about that tiny vacuum line off the stock intake pipe that goes to the sensor under the TB. That can be plugged or used somewhere else.

Brent

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
coach said:
All you need is one 1/2" bung put on the TB pipe for the large vacuum line off the IM. THen on the intake pipe to the turbo you have the same thing really for the line off the VC. Don't worry about that tiny vacuum line off the stock intake pipe that goes to the sensor under the TB. That can be plugged or used somewhere else.

Brent

ok so all i need is that one, that if your looking at your tb straight on its that big rubber hose that goes kind under the tb to the intake... gottcha! and then theres that other one that comes from inbetween your 3 and 4 intake plenums, that goes to your blow off valve.. and then theres tha last one.. the one coming off your valve cover straight down... and that one should go before the bov. and tha first one from you IM should go right before the TB... and all the other little ones ? there are like two i think?

p.s getting my piping today! and all i need now is. front motor mount! which suks because thats going to be the main reeason why im not driving it for alittle bit. some hose clamps to connect the piping to the intercooler and to the TB... then i get to drive her!!!! its all in a matter of days!!!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
If you need any help with Vacuum routing just post. But i "think" you have it. Do you have a BB motor? Cause the US motor only has one vacuum port on the back of the IM, it goes to the brake booster. Now, there is one off the TB to the fpr, another off the TB (bottom) that goes to the solenoid under the TB that controls the charcoal canister. Then another off the TB that you can use to tap the WG. I tapped the charcoal canister (small line) to the BOV.

Brent

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
wow, what are you confused on dude? The charcoal canister is below the master cylinder ont he driver side chassis rail. It absorbs fuel vapors i think.

brent

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
time out, you have an 01 sentra. I think they have something in a different location if i am not mistaken. I was referring to a B13 or B14 setup as that is what he has.

Brent

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
coach said:
If you need any help with Vacuum routing just post. But i "think" you have it. Do you have a BB motor? Cause the US motor only has one vacuum port on the back of the IM, it goes to the brake booster. Now, there is one off the TB to the fpr, another off the TB (bottom) that goes to the solenoid under the TB that controls the charcoal canister. Then another off the TB that you can use to tap the WG. I tapped the charcoal canister (small line) to the BOV.

Brent
I am currently installing my BB kit right now. I am down to the last few connections, and am curious to were I should tap for my BOV.. I have read what you posted, but want to verify with a diagram from the FSM (B14) to get acceptance on what I have read and am planning on doing

Here is a pic of the vacuum hose diagram for reference.

Which line to tap for my BB recirc BOV

Do not use:
Vacuum hose #9 (EGR valve & EVAP canister)... this was originally going to my NA intake.

Do use:
Vacuum hose #11 (EVAP canister Purge line) should be used. Correct?

If I decide to use the EVAP canister line, what Tee should I get (sorry, not at my car right now) to tap this vacuum line... I believe they are 1/8 I.D., can I get someone to verify this.

Again, this is for myself and anyone else that is about to turbo there car. No flames please

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
coach said:
time out, you have an 01 sentra. I think they have something in a different location if i am not mistaken. I was referring to a B13 or B14 setup as that is what he has.

Brent
Now I know what you're talking about. The B15 has an evap hose, but it's totally different from B13/B14.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
woo! umm starting to loose it on the vacum lines.... i have a avenir... im not good with writen instructions lol, pictures are good.... but coach this is really helping. ill see how far i get today and then ill mosst likly be back for more questions!

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
that hose diagram is reallly good. but finding it hard to imagin it on the b13 highport

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
B13 is different.

I see the #11 line, that is the large one off the canister, I tee'd off the smaller line right above it. I just got a 3 way vacuum T from the parts store. They are usually plastic. You cut the line, put the T in, then have one extra leg to go to the BOV.

Brent

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
coach said:
B13 is different.

I see the #11 line, that is the large one off the canister, I tee'd off the smaller line right above it. I just got a 3 way vacuum T from the parts store. They are usually plastic. You cut the line, put the T in, then have one extra leg to go to the BOV.

Brent
Yes, I kind of knew the B13 was different... I went home for lunch and shot a couple of pics. Don't pick on the cleanleness of the car, it came from Ohio ;)

Here is what I am fairly sure I should tee into for my BB bov... please let me know if I am wrong, I don't like having bad info posted on the forum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts