SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ser_200sx:
You dont have to do it all by yourself. I will come up and help you.

</font>
Yeah, but i mean, i heard about having to take out fans and watever to get it up there, and i just figured itd be easier if he told me what i had to take apart, before i actually went to do it. know what i mean

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twentyfivecharacters:
How much did you get it for and from where?</font>
399 plus shipping, from Louis(APEXSER) at APEX motorsports in Arizona. Well i didnt actually talk to Luois, he wasnt in yet, but i talked to Andy, who is also a greta guy

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
399 plus shipping, from Louis(APEXSER) at APEX motorsports in Arizona. Well i didnt actually talk to Luois, he wasnt in yet, but i talked to Andy, who is also a greta guy

</font>
Sweet.. I guess I can take a lil drive to tempe and get one when I find some money. Andy has a nice car. Supra TT I believe.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jay, just got the AEBS header, should be here in the next 2 days. I was wondering if you or anyone you knew has a write up on the install. Im doin it myself no matter what, and just tryin to make it as easy as possible. Or if you have any hints or suggestions that you could just lemme know. TIA.

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
Jay, just got the AEBS header, should be here in the next 2 days. I was wondering if you or anyone you knew has a write up on the install. Im doin it myself no matter what, and just tryin to make it as easy as possible. Or if you have any hints or suggestions that you could just lemme know. TIA.

</font>
It's been a looong time since I put mine on but IIRC you have to remove the fans, cross member, and I removed the AC hose that's in the way but someone else said they were able to loosen the compressor bolts enough to squeeze the primary by the hose.

That's about it...just soak everything down really good with PB and get to work!

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jay Hass:
It's been a looong time since I put mine on but IIRC you have to remove the fans, cross member, and I removed the AC hose that's in the way but someone else said they were able to loosen the compressor bolts enough to squeeze the primary by the hose.

</font>
That was me, I installed mine about a month ago. Some notes. Get the car good and high on a set of
jackstands. As you are removing misc. items keep
dousing the header bolts with liquid wrench. the airconditioning lines do
not need to be removed. there are 4 bolts that hold
the compressor to the engine block. Just back out
those 4 bolts and hold the compressor out of the way
to slide the header past. Some items that needed
removed: radiator fans, oil catch can, front engine
mount, lower crossmember, and EGR tube. The install is
not as difficult as most people think. I installed the
header and reinstalled my courtesy exhaust all in less
than 5hrs. Including repairing threads on a stud my
brother destroyed and plenty of goofing around. If you
plan to install the ES motormounts ever, do it at the
same time.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
That was me, I installed mine about a month ago. Some notes. Get the car good and high on a set of
jackstands. As you are removing misc. items keep
dousing the header bolts with liquid wrench. the airconditioning lines do
not need to be removed. there are 4 bolts that hold
the compressor to the engine block. Just back out
those 4 bolts and hold the compressor out of the way
to slide the header past. Some items that needed
removed: radiator fans, oil catch can, front engine
mount, lower crossmember, and EGR tube. The install is
not as difficult as most people think. I installed the
header and reinstalled my courtesy exhaust all in less
than 5hrs. Including repairing threads on a stud my
brother destroyed and plenty of goofing around. If you
plan to install the ES motormounts ever, do it at the
same time.

</font>
Good point on the mounts...that's what I ended up doing too.

I also didn't let the motor hang by the other two mounts...I used a piece of wood and put a jack under the trans bell housing. I know others have just let the motor sag back a few inches...but I'm anal.

[This message has been edited by Jay Hass (edited 03-20-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys =) BTW. my ES mounts are sitting in my passenger seat at the moment, just waiting for the header to join!

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you able to post any pictures of the header? If anyone has pictures, post them too, please.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Are you able to post any pictures of the header? If anyone has pictures, post them too, please.</font>
Here are a couple of installed pics I took. I meant to do a install write-up with pics but got in to much of a hurry.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
WOW.. that looks nice. Do you ever scrape?</font>
If you look close you can see a dent in one of the tubes. I did that the day after installing it on a huge ice chunk in the middle of the road. But, to answer your ? no I haven't scrapped it on the ground yet.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/misc. goodies

·
Registered
705 Posts
It Came Today!!!!! Its in my trunk now, stayin hidden from my parents, hehehe. I cant wait to put it on. Hey Sean or anybody, did you have to lengthen the wires for the o2 censor or anything, since its in a different location then stock?! Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
Nevermind guys, im an idiot. I fogot about the EGR tube! the One by the #4 cylinder is for EGR, and the one at the bottom is for the 02 sensor that is on our stock manifold, i just gotta solder some extra wire in there to lengthen it

------------------

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
hehe, you have to hide the stuff from your parents too?

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

1 - 20 of 32 Posts