SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
damn, anybody know what store sells the magazine, coz last time i went looking for SCC, i checked everywhere and couldnt find it. Also it would be cool if someone scanned the article in and posted it

------------------
'95 200SX SE-R - Jim Wolf Clutch, K&N, CN Catback Exhaust, CN strut bars, KYB AGX, Eibach ProKit, audio
'99 Prelude base - CAI, Greddy SP
'02 TL Type S - Stock

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PlanoSER:
damn, anybody know what store sells the magazine, coz last time i went looking for SCC, i checked everywhere and couldnt find it. Also it would be cool if someone scanned the article in and posted it

</font>
Ill get on that.

[This message has been edited by Yes-Ser (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's pretty interesting results. It appears that the Tomei street cams with ecu really kick ass unless you get the C3. Very interesting.....

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
92 Posts
went during lunch to go buy it, all they had was octobers, damn I'm pissd, this is my next mod, plan on buying next month.

Did the comparison go off of a stock car, without any other mods? would say headers and straight muffler and a POp intake give even more gains with say an S3 cam (5.7hp)? any pro's want to answer this?

and what of the rpm above 7100, my 92 will go past the 7500 start of redline... more gains there also?

Harp

[This message has been edited by mciin1 (edited 09-28-2001).]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan_93SER:
Geez. The C3s only put out 7.7hp more than the S3s. I was hoping for more. OTOH, I guess I need to see the dyno charts first....</font>
Yes, you need to see the dyno charts. That 7.7hp gain over the S3 cams is the *average* gain from 4400rpm to 7100rpm, which is NOT the maximum gain which would only be at one point in the powerband.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kpw97:
That's pretty interesting results. It appears that the Tomei street cams with ecu really kick ass unless you get the C3. Very interesting.....

</font>
I would be interested to se what the Tomei Street cams would put out with the JWT ECU. They seem to be beter than S4's. No power loss whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mciin1:
Did the comparison go off of a stock car, without any other mods? would say headers and straight muffler and a POp intake give even more gains with say an S3 cam (5.7hp)? any pro's want to answer this?</font>
The comparison was done on SCC's Project Sentra SE-R owned by Dave Coleman. Other engine mods include Injen intake (not cold-air), Hotshot header (Gen3, I think), and HKS cat-back exhaust.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
and what of the rpm above 7100, my 92 will go past the 7500 start of redline... more gains there also?
</font>
Find the magazine and check it out for yourself. I haven't read the complete article myself; only glanced at some of the charts while I was at a store's magazine section. Most of the power above 7100rpm seems to flatten out, which is a really good thing having the same amount of power over a certain range of the powerband.

--Andrew Phan

1 - 20 of 66 Posts