SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to embark on installing a BB intake cam into my 96 SE-R. My buddy measured the cam and it has the exact same measurements as a 91-93 so hopefully it will give me the exact same gains. Now onto the main reason for this post...What hints and instructions do you guys have for installing this cam? Any tips of hints would be appreciated! Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
Don't turn the valve cover upside down over the exposed engine and drop a buncha washers.</font>
Now who would do such a thing!?

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel
14.545 @ 95.54 mph

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
trust me it can happen.... :-(

just make sure you have some kinda torque wrench, zip ties,and assembly lube. Might want to clean the oil spray bars while you have it all apart..or just replace them. right now I can't think of anything else, I hope some of it helps....

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I just did my cams not too long ago...

Best advice? Make sure you have a FSM. It's invaluable and you'll need the torque specs and tightening sequences. Get a good in-lbs torque wrench!

Also, Jay H has some really good cam swap instructions on the archives. That's what I used and they were really good.

Good luck!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Antonio! Would you be down to help a brotha out or at least supervise my cam install? Im fairly condfident in my mechanical skills..but fairly doesn't cut it when it comes to my car...so if you'd be done to help out give me a call on my celle! OH and I just got your message the other day..im tend to check my V-mail kina late..but yeah could you have said you phone number any faster? But yeah..thanks man! Oh by the way going to Sears point this coming Wendsay! let me know if you wanna go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts