Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 7 43.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 96 200sx se-r all stock except for injen short ram intake. I dont race, just an enthusiastic driver. Which cams are right for me?

Also if anyone knows a spot w/ good prices, pelase let me know.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
SE-Rican said:
I am a S4 fan. I prefer the power on the high side of the powerband.
Amen Brotha! Keep Preaching!
I bet the new S5 cams give you another 5 HP on the top side of the powerband.

Manny

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I've had both S3's and S4's on NA SR20's with similar mods. My choice is............................................ drum roll please.....................................................

the S3's.

Why? I don't think the power loss down low and even mid range was worth it for the S4's. The S3's let the car pull harder throughout more of the powerband.

If you're looking for TOP dyno #'s, then you want the S4's (or most recently S5's) but if you want the best driveability get the S3's.

·
Jesus shaved
443 Posts
Is it just me or should he consider a bigger exhaust before springing for cams...or at least a header?

·
Registered
999 Posts
wannaSE-R said:
Is it just me or should he consider a bigger exhaust before springing for cams...or at least a header?
i think he should address these parts before cams also...just my .02 cents...

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
guru3k said:
.........I dont race, just an enthusiastic driver. Which cams are right for me?......
To me that says "daily driver" and you very seldom redline. I would say that the JWT S3 cams would be best for you. ;) But I would also says take care of all the bolt-ons first(CAI, exhaust, header). :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
howard_w13 said:
To me that says "daily driver" and you very seldom redline. I would say that the JWT S3 cams would be best for you. ;) But I would also says take care of all the bolt-ons first(CAI, exhaust, header). :D

ok, i got the intake already (short ram), i guess the headers would be the next thing to do then....hotshot, hks, nismo, etc...which one????

·
Registered
999 Posts
if i were you i would do a search for some info, there is a lot of great info on here that you can find. then i would shop around for the price you would be willing to spend and you could even check in the classified section and group buy section of this forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i picked the s4's myself and they are going in very soon... this car will also be daily driven. s3's might be good and all but i kind of like a punch of power up top. just my 2 cents...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts