SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can S3/S4 cams be run with the stiffer C3 springs and retainers? Would running stiffer springs reduce the power output of the S4/s3 cams?

Anyone knows about this?

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Yes they can be run with stiffer springs. They are supposed to make more power too. I think the s4's make like 3-4 hp more when run with retainers to be honest with you. I am not sure about the s3's. This info came from a phone conversation between clark at JWT and Andreas. Sorry I don't have all the particulars.

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
This is interesting info. I wonder if my JUN's would make more power with their springs? Anyone know why they make more power with the stiffer springs?

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
This is interesting info. I wonder if my JUN's would make more power with their springs? Anyone know why they make more power with the stiffer springs?

</font>
I believe it's a harmonics thing. I have the Toda springs on order with my 264 cams. Toda recommends upgrading springs with all their cams. 3 weeks and counting.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

·
Registered
513 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Yup they will work. These are for hyd lifter cams</font>
How did you find this out? I've been waiting to hear info on this from someone. Also, doesn't the Toda catolog say you need their lifter kit???

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts