SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to adjust my camber on my car , is this a good deal anyone every use them , do i need to get bolts for the top and bottom bolts on the front or do i just need one bolt per side , and exactly how do they work it looks a little weird to me , sorry for the stupid questions , i just need to get this done cause after i lowered my car the inside of my cooper cobras are wearing like crazy i now need to replace the front tires , any help would be greatly appreciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Camber-Kits-95-01-Sentra-Front-Rear_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33581QQitemZ7993858877QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well the best way i can describe it is this the tires are sitting like this

/ / \ \ not quite that bad but u get the idea , thats how so the inside edge of the tire is wearing down really bad

·
Registered
193 Posts
the design of the bolt allows the hub angle to be changed at the strut mounting point. this is a "cheap" way to correct the camber issue and are often called "crash bolts" as if they are not properly setup, they can slip if the car is driven hard on teh track or rather rough roads, i've never had an issue with mine, but mine are "whiteline" ones, they all do the same job though.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
The cheap way to do it is the camber bolts; the guys here will tell you they won't stay put on a track or at autocross, and I'd be prone to believe them, but mine have stayed put for street. DO find good steel. I'm sure there are cheap ones out there. I found mine at an alignment wholesale distributor in Atlanta. I ended up needing a set only for the front; the rear was fine.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
No way in frozen bloody HELL would I buy ANYTHING from anybody on ebay with that lousy a feedback score. If you have to, go start asking your local front end shops if they can find 'em and pay list for good ones. Unless you like buying tires or screwing up your suspension. Look in the phone book or on the 'net for alignment wholesalers or other suppliers. Easy start: dial in "camber bolts" on google.

·
8,886 Posts
RottdogSER said:
ok well the best way i can describe it is this the tires are sitting like this
/ / \ \ not quite that bad but u get the idea , thats how so the inside edge of the tire is wearing down really bad

You can have a decent amount of camber and not have bad tire wear. Toe is what causes the tire wear even if the camber is close to zero.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i found a set of them on tire rack for 40 bucks , they adjust up to 2degrees +/- see if this link works , there made by a company called ingalls which i've never heard of but maybe someone on here has , let me know what you guys think , oh and 98sr20ve , you can get tire wear from camber even if your toe is not off , its causeing the tire to run all its front end weight on the inside edge of the tire instead of distributing it out across the entire surface and thicker tread of the tire , so the inside edge will wear out quickly

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Sentra+SE&autoYear=1998&category=Shocks&category=Springs&category=Alignment&category=BootMount&autoModClar=&brand=all

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CoZZm0 said:
the design of the bolt allows the hub angle to be changed at the strut mounting point. this is a "cheap" way to correct the camber issue and are often called "crash bolts" as if they are not properly setup, they can slip if the car is driven hard on teh track or rather rough roads, i've never had an issue with mine, but mine are "whiteline" ones, they all do the same job though.

i only see whitelines for the nx not for the sentra , if you know of anywhere i can get it for the sentra please let me know and i'd just pick up a set of those , did you have to replace top and bottom bolts or just 1 or the other ?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
RottdogSER said:
i only see whitelines for the nx not for the sentra , if you know of anywhere i can get it for the sentra please let me know and i'd just pick up a set of those , did you have to replace top and bottom bolts or just 1 or the other ?
They should be the same part. I run 2.5 degrees of camber in the front with 0 toe and 1.5 in the rear with 0 toe and have no wear problems at all. When you get these and have the car on the rack have whoever does it check the toe before they change anything. I'll bet ya a beer that it's towed out quit a bit. That's what is killing the tires.:biggthump

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok then if its true and the toe is bad how can i adjust that , these bolts won't do that , what can i do to fix that

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i think its just a combination of the 2 camber and toe , cause my alignment is only off a little it doesnt pull that much so i'll get the bolts , do you guys think i should get 4 bolts or just 2 ?, the rear alighnment is perfect according to what the guy said last time i got it aligned right after i lowered it so should it get the 4 front bolts or just 2 ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts