SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought some rims and tires but i need a camber caster kit. who sells them? are they any good? what are the prices?thanks in advance!!!!!!

------------------

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i need them my car pulls real hard to the right. and the inside of both of the front tires or worn through the wire. i never seen a alignment so bad i have new rims and tires and just want everthing right the first time. when you look at the front right tire it seems push backed even when the wheel is straight could that be toe? i change both the axles and had it checked by a mechanic he says nothing bent or broken could the frame be warped? i mean if i was driving and let the wheel go it will do a real hard right turn. when i drve down a straight road my tires schrech.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
when you take off your wheel, theres a bolt you can loosen, and you can pull the camber positive or negative. itll get you about a degree or so in either direction. this is probably all youll need to get the cambers aligned properly, and a firestone should do fine. if you find your still wearing the inside of the tires, go to a wheel shop, they will order you a camber kit. the only one ive seen for the nx was a bolt for each wheel that gives you a little more play than stock. it was real cheap like 8 bucks a wheel or something.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Uh... Camber is non-adjustable on our cars... At least, not through conventional methods, and not without camber plates. The ghetto method would be to loosen the top strut mounting bolts and push or pull the top of the wheel and then retighten. I was able to get about 1.2deg of negative camber on my stock-suspended NX2000 that way. Toe, however, is adjustable by way of turning a nut on the tie rods.

Camber doesn't increase tirewear... Bad toe settings are what kill tires. Get an alignment done and have them set the toe to zero or 1/16" total toe-in. For better turn-in during corner entry, then I'd suggest about 1/16"-1/8" total toe-out, though tirewear would be questionable with those settings.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000 (3/16" total toe-out)

·
Registered
487 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 92nx2k:
when you take off your wheel, theres a bolt you can loosen, and you can pull the camber positive or negative. itll get you about a degree or so in either direction. </font>
These are camber bolts...aka "crash bolts". Ok for normal grandma driving, but can slip if your car is driven hard enough. These are NOT from the factory. It usually is slotted and adjusted by an alignment shop when you take it there for a full alignment. Every time I get my alignment done I have to remind them not to touch the camber.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I HAVE 1.50 DROP EIBACH SPRINGS WHEN I GO AND GET IT ALIGN IS HE SUPPOSED TO USE FACTORY ALIGNMENTS OR SOMETHING ELSE?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Camber doesn't increase tirewear... Bad toe settings are what kill tires. Get an
alignment done and have them set the toe to zero or 1/16" total toe-in. For better
turn-in during corner entry, then I'd suggest about 1/16"-1/8" total toe-out, though
tirewear would be questionable with those settings.</font>
This guy is right on the money.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I HAVE 1.50 DROP EIBACH SPRINGS WHEN I GO AND GET IT ALIGN IS HE SUPPOSED TO USE
FACTORY ALIGNMENTS OR SOMETHING ELSE?</font>
Since you've lowered it, you'll have more -camber than stock. I'm thinking ~-1.8 or so, give or take a few tenths. I'd set the toe to 0, maybe a little in (1/16" total). Tirewear should be OK.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 10 of 10 Posts