SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering people's experiences with different camber kits for the b14. There is such a huge range of prices compared to $tillen and Groundcontrol for about $250 or simple eBay bolts for $20. The camber plates are obviously much more adjustable but are they really worth that price? Opinions?

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
zeno said:
I was wondering people's experiences with different camber kits for the b14. There is such a huge range of prices compared to $tillen and Groundcontrol for about $250 or simple eBay bolts for $20. The camber plates are obviously much more adjustable but are they really worth that price? Opinions?
I know that camber bolts carry the name CRASH BOLTS cause they seem to cause problems. The Ground Control units are the Stuff. Anyone really serious about getting some extra camber should go this way. It also allows you to adjust
caster which is a plus.
Seems like someone in the Auto-X forum one time mentioned they had a high quality set of Camber bolts that they had no problems with.
Search Camber Bolts in Auto-X forum.

·
World Champ of the World
197 Posts
I think the camber plates are definately worth the price. I have a set of Stillen plates on my B13 and they work great. Ground Control has more adjustablility and they fit on top of the strut tower (inside the engine compartment) which may mean you get a little extra travel in your suspension. However, depending on your car you may need to do some cutting to get one of the sides to mount correctly. On the B13 there is a bracket that needs to be cut in order for the assembly to fit. Not sure how it is for other models.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
I plan on getting the GC plates, they add travel and are adjustable to +-3*. I have 2.5* negative camber in the front, so i really need it. They are caster adjustable as well.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
to run the ground controls you also have to have coilovers also, or at least a 2.5" spring, not regular springs

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
For those with Stillen camber plates (non coilover style) did it make the ride any more harsh?

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I don't know about the Stillen's but the GC's make the ride more harsh. Honestly I'm not sure why though, there wasn't any rubber bushing or anything up top OEM anyway, so it's not like you eliminated anything. I'd like to know where he saw them for $250, that's below my cost on them, and the Stillen's are listed at $335. For that kind of money you'd might as well get GC's and have the caster adjustment as well and for less money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts