SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to install a turbo kit on my 91 Classic with JWT S3 cams. Someone I talked to who has an SE-R with a turbo and the same cams recomended that I install cam gears. Should I use the cam gears or not? And if so, what should the cam gears be set to? Thanks.

Justin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unless you need to I wouldn't bother with the cam gears. If you are desperate there are quite a few options, HKS, JUN, APEXi, TODA, Tomei, Dragon, MMR etc all make them for the SR, cost is around the 15000 yen mark each.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
over here you can get the jwt or stillen easier, and you use it to retard the exhaust timing to give a little better overlap??

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
So has anyone done the cam gears? I've been running the S3's for a while now, never had any problems.. but I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's played with them on any benefits.

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r 12.31 @ 117.8mph
00 s2000 14.1 @ 98.6 mph

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDX S2000:
So has anyone done the cam gears? I've been running the S3's for a while now, never had any problems.. but I'd love to get feedback from anyone who's played with them on any benefits.

</font>
Didn't Lewis Shadoff w/ the auto 97 SE-R w/ Hotshot Turbo kit have s3's too? I'm pretty sure i read that he installed cam gears and did some adjustments. check his website or the archives...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts