SR20 Forum banner

Which cams would be good for turbo other than the S3's...

• Jum 256

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • S4's

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • C3's

Votes: 3 25.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have the cams bug biting me in the ass again...I just have a few questions.

1. Can you use the JWT cams in the GTiR engine?
  2. Can you tune the S4 cams to work on turbo, has anyone done it, and how well does it work?
  3. How much do the cam gears cost from JWT?
  4. More questions to come...TIA!!
    [/list=1] :D :cool:

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
JUN 264's w/ 11.5mm lift.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
There is a guy that just posted about having S4's on his car that is equipped with a T-25. He is very impressed with them. I am not sure how they will perform on a GTI-R motor because of the T-28? I am sure there is not as much overlapping as with a T3/T04! The September article in SCC shows this black 200 from SR20Development that has JWT cams on a GTI-R motor. This can be done so dont worry about that. Just ask the guys at JWT to help you out on your decision, and I am sure there are people on this board that will take a standpoint with the JUN's and other cams. Good luck

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
SENTRASER said:
Ok guys, I have the cams bug biting me in the ass again...I just have a few questions.

1. Can you use the JWT cams in the GTiR engine?
  2. Can you tune the S4 cams to work on turbo, has anyone done it, and how well does it work?
  3. How much do the cam gears cost from JWT?
  4. More questions to come...TIA!!
    [/list=1] :D :cool:

1. I think I am going to get the Stillen cam gears because the JWT ones are only adjustable in 2.5 degree increments. I want the added flexibility of minute adjustments.

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
JWT makes a set of cams specifically for the GTiR DET motor. That's what Chris Allen is running, and his car makes nearly 500 wheel HP. You won't find any cams that work better without tuning than those cams. So that's my vote. Easy and simple.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zak91SER said:
JWT makes a set of cams specifically for the GTiR DET motor. That's what Chris Allen is running, and his car makes nearly 500 wheel HP. You won't find any cams that work better without tuning than those cams. So that's my vote. Easy and simple.
How much do those babys cost? And do you have to buy springs and retainers? Can you use the S4's on the GTiR? Do you have to tune them or are they a throw in deal(The GTiR cams from JWT) TIA!!

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
SENTRASER said:
[*]Can you use the JWT cams in the GTiR engine?
The only cams you can use are the ones Zak specifically mentioned...unless you buy aftermarket cams from overseas that are made for mechanical valvetrains. JWT s3s, s4s, and c-series cams you won't be able to use...made for hydraulic lifters.

Just wanted to clear that up. ;)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Yup, like Antonio said, the GTI-R motor does not have HL like our motors. Toda makes some cams for the SR20DET that should work.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re: Re: Cams, Cams, CAMS!!!!!

jacen99SE said:

I think I am going to get the Stillen cam gears because the JWT ones are only adjustable in 2.5 degree increments. I want the added flexibility of minute adjustments.
I kind of like these....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts