SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah man, suspension is a biggie. i wish i had the cash flow for AGX's and ProKit's...

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm sure you're tired of all teh jokes about the height of your car, right? Its not the height thats a bummer, its the way it will feel with stiffer shocks and some lowering springs. With sway bars and some bushings your car will feel great and the driving experience will change dramatically. I will be upgrading to ST sway bars this week and then I will notice another big feel in my driving habbits. Definately go for the suspension man, its worth it.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry to get OT on this thread, but how do you like your Hotshot header, NyceP26?

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header (Awaiting Arrival)
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
What the hell?????? We're talking about cams and suspension, not a header.
jk, I will respond for peter since I've talked to him about his header. He loves it, but he still looks like a dork with the stock pee shooter exhaust.
I've got the gen 3 hotshot and it's so far been the best mod I've done. Peter has the gen 4, which has a slightly different coating and i believe slightly larger primary piping. If you have the money and don't have a header and are staying NA, GET IT. The AEBS makes a little more torque and is a 4-1 design.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
415 Posts
hehe, thanks.
I sent my E-mail order into Hotshot on Friday. I'm waiting for a call from them. It was between STILLEN and Hotshot, and I went with Hotshot. Alright, back to cams and suspension talk.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
What the hell?????? We're talking about cams and suspension, not a header.
jk, I will respond for peter since I've talked to him about his header. He loves it, but he still looks like a dork with the stock pee shooter exhaust.
I've got the gen 3 hotshot and it's so far been the best mod I've done. Peter has the gen 4, which has a slightly different coating and i believe slightly larger primary piping. If you have the money and don't have a header and are staying NA, GET IT. The AEBS makes a little more torque and is a 4-1 design.
</font>
------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header (Awaiting Arrival)
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

[This message has been edited by Chris93SER (edited 07-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Good call Ryan. I will be getting rid of that pee shooter exhaust any minute now so don't hold your breath okay tough guy
The header is great and the best bang for the buck by far. As far as getting back onto topic Ryan next time I come back up the pike we will drive in my car and you tell me how you like the ride. I love it at times, but it can be a bit bouncy too. Check out my overview on suspension. http://www.geocities.com/nyceser/the_drop.htm

Tell me what you think about that. My set up follows as:
KYB AGX, Eibach Sportlines, FSTB and 205/40 series tires..it works for me

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Hmm, ok sounds good. I drove marks old car with the pro kit agx combo and it was pretty nice. I rode in Mike G's DET with the a sportline/pro kit combo with agx's and the ride was a little bouncy. He seemed like he was on the bumpstops all day long.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ok, for all of you who have modified your cars which mod would you recommend doing first. The stock b14 suspension isn't all that great but I am used to it. I have the Stillen fsb and have the courtesy rear bar coming in this week, so those help a little. Would you guys get the cams first or do the suspension work?

------------------

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I would personally do suspension first.
Always remember power is nothing with out control

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
You guys wanna talk about bouncy!!!!!!
I am riding on the stock struts with a 2 inch drop. Talk about bump stops, I dont think they are there anymore. I think a few people saw the car this weekend bouncing around. Oh yeah, and sorry to change the subject but how many miles are on your car now ryan??? Just gotta keep the competition going!!!
Do the suspension first ryan, the cams are nice but suspension makes a world of difference. As you can see my cams are still in the closet. I am not worried about putting them in yet. They make a difference but not in the right area. You need control more than speed, because without it you wont have a car!!!

Good luck and give me a IM.

Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R (Pacific sun blue)
AOL IM-- SR20SER
Email-- [email protected]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Dam man! I would have let you power around in dirty red to get the feel of ST bars with the stock springs when you were over in RI last weekend*. Not as sweet as with the spring upgrade. Get bars!

*But then you might have swiped me seats!!

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

[This message has been edited by Horus (edited 07-23-2001).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. This is how it goes with me. When I'm going in a straight line, I want the cams, and when I'm taking turns I want the suspension. I figure most roads have curves in them so I will get the suspsension first.

------------------

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Suspension first, IMO.
AGX and GC are a good combo. Since you have a B14, I think you'll really need the motivational upper mounts in the rear. While you're at it, go ahead and get GC camber plates up front for an extra inch of travel.

Suspension travel =

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
756 Posts
Here's my take on suspension. I was sick of the ugly wheel gap on my car. So I bought AGX's in a group deal. They sat in my closet for a few months until I bought springs. The reason I bought the springs on my car that I have now are because they were only 100 bucks. Sounded like a good idea at the time, but they SUCK ASS! You get what you pay for. If I had to do it over again, I'd save up for shortened strut bodies. I hate the way my car rides, its gross. So if you do suspension, do it right the first time. Like I said, you get what you pay for.

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarkSR20:
You guys wanna talk about bouncy!!!!!!
I am riding on the stock struts with a 2 inch drop.
</font>
thats nothing i have a 3 1/2 drop on stock struts,
its not too bad but i would love to have some kyb agx's. the car looks sweet dropped tho. made a world of a difference!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts