SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the header should be beter bfyb. cams are close second(first according to some), but are better with the ecu.
Jwt's are around 5-600 for the S's, and over a grand for the C's which require valve spring and retainer upgrade too. THe C's are some serious poop though. As I have neither on my car I cant say much more.
I'm doing the 91 intake cam upgrade cause its cheap mainly (under 2 bills shipped)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
There are other options for cams too. Tomei and Jun also make some good cams.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:

I'm doing the 91 intake cam upgrade cause its cheap mainly (under 2 bills shipped)
</font>
Thats way too much for a 91 cam job. Who are you buying them from? I would of been more than kind enough to sell you the set I had. Plus I would of delivered them to you to save shipping at that. You should be getting those at about +/- 120 or even cheaper.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

G

·
I've looked through some of the archives trying to dig up as much information as possible on available cams for my car. I've heard guys talk about the JWT's, but I also heard a few say they didn't really help until you're up near redline. I really don't want to bump up my rev limiter, so would they help me much at all in that case?

What kind of price could I be expected to pay for them?

Right now, my car is stock. I have a Hotshot CAI on the way, and I'm thinking about going with some headers soon.

Thanks.

------------------
'95 200sx SE-R

AIM: GTS24v

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I felt like I gained power with my S3's from 3k on up with a large gain over 5k. I ran them for a long time with the stock ecu. Ever since I've had them, I just can't resist redlining the motor all the time.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pete: Its not that much for a brand new 91 cam with gaskets, and all. I found used ones for cheaper, but I decided not to roll the dice with internal components.
GTS: The engine is capable of handling the extra RPM's Nissan lowered the redline mostly for better emissions. I think you'l find that as you modify the car, (esp. with a high power mod like cams) the redline comes very fast. I wish I had the loot for the ECU

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well, I would know.

I had the S3 cams in my '91 with the same mods as my '98 except I have S4's in the '98.

Which is overall better?

The S3's I think. This is the first time I've publicly posted my opinion on that.

The S4's I feel just lose too much down low in comparisont to the S3's. Don't get me wrong, come 6800rpms with the S4's it pulls like a train, but it's just a bitch losing all that low end.

Perhaps though I need the JWT ECU so I can rev past 7100.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts