SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the header should be beter bfyb. cams are close second(first according to some), but are better with the ecu.
Jwt's are around 5-600 for the S's, and over a grand for the C's which require valve spring and retainer upgrade too. THe C's are some serious poop though. As I have neither on my car I cant say much more.
I'm doing the 91 intake cam upgrade cause its cheap mainly (under 2 bills shipped)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
There are other options for cams too. Tomei and Jun also make some good cams.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:

I'm doing the 91 intake cam upgrade cause its cheap mainly (under 2 bills shipped)
</font>
Thats way too much for a 91 cam job. Who are you buying them from? I would of been more than kind enough to sell you the set I had. Plus I would of delivered them to you to save shipping at that. You should be getting those at about +/- 120 or even cheaper.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

G

·
0 Posts
I've looked through some of the archives trying to dig up as much information as possible on available cams for my car. I've heard guys talk about the JWT's, but I also heard a few say they didn't really help until you're up near redline. I really don't want to bump up my rev limiter, so would they help me much at all in that case?

What kind of price could I be expected to pay for them?

Right now, my car is stock. I have a Hotshot CAI on the way, and I'm thinking about going with some headers soon.

Thanks.

------------------
'95 200sx SE-R

AIM: GTS24v

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I felt like I gained power with my S3's from 3k on up with a large gain over 5k. I ran them for a long time with the stock ecu. Ever since I've had them, I just can't resist redlining the motor all the time.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete: Its not that much for a brand new 91 cam with gaskets, and all. I found used ones for cheaper, but I decided not to roll the dice with internal components.
GTS: The engine is capable of handling the extra RPM's Nissan lowered the redline mostly for better emissions. I think you'l find that as you modify the car, (esp. with a high power mod like cams) the redline comes very fast. I wish I had the loot for the ECU

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well, I would know.

I had the S3 cams in my '91 with the same mods as my '98 except I have S4's in the '98.

Which is overall better?

The S3's I think. This is the first time I've publicly posted my opinion on that.

The S4's I feel just lose too much down low in comparisont to the S3's. Don't get me wrong, come 6800rpms with the S4's it pulls like a train, but it's just a bitch losing all that low end.

Perhaps though I need the JWT ECU so I can rev past 7100.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts