SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are they that big of a deal to put in. I am probably gonna put a set in in about a month and want to know if I am getting in over my head? I have done everything else on my car by myself w/o a big challenge. I just don't want to have to walk to work for a few months while saving for a new engine and/or head

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well to answer that...if your not mechanically inclined it's kind of like trying to take a multiplication test in school without knowing how to multiply. You can cause SERIOUS issues with your car by making mistakes. Unless your 100 percent sure you know what your doing don't do it.

BTW, JWT s4's on the way:

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
496 Posts
go brian go brian go brian...i'd say get a tech form your shop to give you some pointers but basically follow the Wolf/Kojima procedure and zip tie your cam sprockets to the timing chain and make sure 1. they don't move 2. and don't let your chain fall off the crank pulley. The Cam chain tensioner can be a bitch too, but you can disable it with a long screw driver , just flick the chain tensior lock off and you have enough slack to get the cams in and out no problemo...its alot easier than taking the cam chain tensioner out..!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts