SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody back to backed HKS cams with JWT cams ? And has anybody back to back HKS header with JWT ? What is best ?

[This message has been edited by Gazmo1 (edited 02-02-2001).]

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
What's up Gaz, I want to throw something at ya. I noticed these cams on the Japanese HKS website and I wonder if the JWT and HKS cam sets aren't one and the same sets. The variation of sets sold by HKS seem to mirror that which is sold by JWT and because of limited distribution in the US of the HKS cam, If any?. I wonder are they the same. Another thing,though I ran across them on the Japan website, Besides then and you mentioning them today I have never heard any SE-R enthusiast make mention of them and HKS does not advertise them on their US website?

·
Registered
448 Posts
1. Be sure you are not looking ar RWD cams. They are different.

2. JWT are NOT HKS cams. JWT developed those cams on their own with the help of Mike Kojima.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmmmmmm, So I guess there is no real differance between the HKS and JWT cams then ? Apart from availiblity ?? I used a set on the rolling road to evaluate about 2 years ago. They gave me 170bhp up from 160bhp on a stock header, exhaust (including cats)airboc and standard management. I was wondering whether I should order HKS through the UK or buy from the US. I don't wanna be stuck with crap y'know. How much in Sterling would the JWT cams set me back ??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 1993 p10 Primera 2.0. eGT. It's the best car I have ever owned. At the moment it has a early red top SR20 in it. Which I want to take out and replace with onw of the latest motors. I have got two motors to play with so I really want to try and get some power out of the things. I want to stay NA though !!

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
LISTEN FOLKS, I am not trying to start any rumors or anything like that regarding the HKS and JWT cam sets. It was just something I observed on the Japan HKS site, while looking for an exhaust. I also did not say who developed what. I have the JWT/S3 cams and I love the performance. I just thought I would put my opinion in the air as something to wonder about. Curious to know? THANX! for the feed back though.

Nigel
95G20t/auto

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
OH! I paid $500.00 or so for my cams and $379.00 for my Stillen 4into1 header, both purchased from Stillen. I also have the JWT ecu and Greddy/MX catback exhaust. Major Improvement! also I have the Stillen pop intake. My cars an automatic and ALL of these mods are worth every penny.

Nigel
95G20t

[This message has been edited by paradyme (edited 02-04-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts