SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a CD player, but I also need a reliable and cheap installation. So I just plan to buy a '98 sentra's OE 2-Din head unit w/cd player from some junk yard. My question is if the 2-din head unit has the same wire harness as my existed 1-din??
Or do I need what kind of revisement on my audio harness if want to do that work?
Could any expert answer me about that?
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
466 Posts
You should be able to hook it right up. The harness is the same, as is the bracket. You might want to look at the bracket, but it should be the same.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
122 Posts
Should be able to hook it up with no problems. I did it to my cousins car. I gave him my stock radio/cd from a 98 and put it on his 96 200. All the brackets and holes should align.

T

·
0 Posts
I did a quick search for junk yards in arizona that has the 98 head unit for $220! That price is crazy. I would think they would be cheap?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it will fit, and I have one sitting in my closet, and I live about 25 miniutes away from you. how about that.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To Brian:
How much will you ask for your '98 OE 2din audio headunit?
Where do you live now?
Maybe I will get to your place to take it if your price is affordable to me!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
man, I don't use it. like 100 bux or so, and I will install it for you. I live in allen (just north of plano), but I work at courtesy nissan in richardson. where in irving do you live? I have some good friends that live in los colinas, so no big deal for me.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Brain:
I am living nearby the intersection of Beltline and W. Walnut Hill Ln., Irving. And I wish to install the head unit by myself. So could you give me some instruction about the installation after I buy your head unit?
Then, of course, I also hope you could sell me in a lower price (about $70 or so).
If you could, you can decide the time convenient for you, and I will get to your place to take it and install it on the spot.
Since I am a poor student here, could you do me a favor about that?
Thanks for your offer!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, Brian:
If you want to contact me, you can also call my phone#, 972-258-3355. If I were not home, you can leave your message in my answering machine. Waiting for your message!

Jackie

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To Brian:
Thanks! I will wait for your call!
But please call me after 10 am, OK?
Because I wish to have a nice sleep on Sunday morning!
And could you introduce somewhere enabling us to shield rain by then? since the weather seems won't be clear up tomorrow. I hope to install the head unit on the spot!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
sorry for not calling you. I got sidetracked and next thing I know it is 1am. I will try to call you this week, or give me a call at 972-644-3942 between 10 and 6 or 7. that is my work # and I should be there.

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts