SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


I stole this pick from member rides. I am taking off my header and this thing is in the way(RED) of a bolt. I want to make sure that if take off this hose (YELLOW) nothing will splash out all over me or nothing. Sorry for the nOOb question. But last time I just started taking things off I ended up poping my A/C...so now I have none!!!!

TIA

Jason
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
That "hose" there is connected to your throttle body on one end, and to the gas pedal on the other. Nothing will splash. It's a cable.
 

·
You like that, dontchya?
Joined
·
956 Posts
You can, but make sure to refill that "thing" with some blinker fluid. You don't want to break something else on your car. You already broke your AC, but you really need your blinkers.
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Okay thanks...


And Harris...I think your looking at the wrong thing. There was no cable. I figured it was nothing seeing how it's hooked up to the intake.
 

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
He's not joking. The black box is referred to as the "blinker fluid reservoir" in the FSM, and is a highly pressurized remote reservoir for both front and rear turn signals.

Remove with great caution. Or check your FSM for removal instructions.
 

·
Coropate greed hater
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
mYseRgOesvrOOm said:
And Harris...I think your looking at the wrong thing. There was no cable. I figured it was nothing seeing how it's hooked up to the intake.
I thought you were talking about the cable in front of that box in the picture. That black box is the blinker fluid reservoir, as cnynracer1 and AntonioG said.
 

·
I need me SE-R
Joined
·
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cnynracer1 said:
He's not joking. The black box is referred to as the "blinker fluid reservoir" in the FSM, and is a highly pressurized remote reservoir for both front and rear turn signals.

Remove with great caution. Or check your FSM for removal instructions.
Haha...oops. There is actually supposed to be fluid in there? The thing's empty from what I see.

If I had a FSM I wouldn't be asking these questions :D. Someday I'll be able to afford one........haha.

Jason
 

·
You like that, dontchya?
Joined
·
956 Posts
EEEK!! Empty? :eek: Call up the dealership and tell them that you need to get a bottle of "Repetitious light-emitting fluid". They may have to order it for you though, so your car may be down a week.
 

·
utahnissans.com
Joined
·
5,051 Posts
AntonioG said:
EEEK!! Empty? :eek: Call up the dealership and tell them that you need to get a bottle of "Repetitious light-emitting fluid". They may have to order it for you though, so your car may be down a week.
At least a week, last time I tried to oder some "Repetitious light-emitting fluid" from the dealership it had to be special ordered and took a month. So I just went to ebay and got some JDM repetitious light-emitting fluid.
;)
 

·
AWD owns me
Joined
·
4,167 Posts
dude this post is f 'ed up
 

·
Shift_spin like a mofo!
Joined
·
579 Posts
It basicly a breather for the oil. It lets air flow into the intake from the Crankcase, but traps the oil and drains it back into the crankcase. Come on guys.... blinker fluid?
 

·
"The world is yours"
Joined
·
307 Posts
i took that box off. lol. didnt look like i needed it.
 

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Seth said:
It basicly a breather for the oil. It lets air flow into the intake from the Crankcase, but traps the oil and drains it back into the crankcase. Come on guys.... blinker fluid?
****, Seth is right. Now that I think about it, that box IS for the oil to seperate. I guess that's why the FSM labels it "Oil Seperator". Weird huh?

The Blinker fluid reservoir is actually located further from the motor.
 

·
GT2835R
Joined
·
7,609 Posts
HAHA, you guys crack me up. And yes you can take the hose off. Did you put your header on in the first place? Cause if you did, youd probably know you could take it off, or have to at that, to access the EGR hose.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top