SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm running a t25 with a 3 inch downpipe and stock exhuast. I can only push 5 psi reguardless of what i set my manual boost controller to. I have a boost leak under my bov that needs to be addressed. My question is am i topping out at 5 psi because of the leak or is it because of the stock tiny ass p11 exhuast? Thanks for the input ahead of time?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just recently bought a t25 from a dsm .. whats the diff between this and the t25 from the det?... what do i need besides my i/c and bov i have both by the way i know i need a det manifold but do i need to get any kinda of cumputer upgrade like a jwt or something any help would be appreciated.. thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
take off the stock exhaust... you will be amazed.. boost will jump up and your car will feel 300%better. I drove around for about 6 months with an open exhaust after the cat

·
Pat Pat Pat
423 Posts
Definately sound like a boost leak, good way to test is to make a fitting that can replace your air filter, fit it to your compressor (IE workshop compressor or similar) and use a regulator to slowly bring up the boost, take it to maybe 20psi, any leaks will become evident very quickly, and any pipes that are a little loose on the hose clamps will pop off, letting you know that it would probably let you down at a bad time.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
make sure the boost leak is fixed then see what happens.. i bet it's ur problem.. especially with ur boost controller. and make sure the two hoses are in the correct place. im sure 7 psi, u could feel a difference. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts