SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts

Well there you have it, a turboed VE. That was done quite a long time ago and I think there was an article on it saved at se-r.net. I for the life of me can't remember his name, but he worked extensively with JWT who put a fresh bottom end with slightly lower compression and a nice ECU setup.

Brent

·
Only Car in Cali W/ Rust!
437 Posts
it's definately possible, but expensive. I think you need the vet cams for it to work. I'd like to have a turbo beast revving to 10k!

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
That is so badass, looks better everytime I see it....

-Josh

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
His name is Carl Monopoli. The car was done a few years ago and they worked heavily with JWT to get it done.

There was a article in SCC about the car entitled "Evil Egg"

·
Registered
825 Posts
That is a really clean and nice setup. My will one day be that clean only it will not be a SR20VE

·
Registered
358 Posts
coach said:

Well there you have it, a turboed VE. That was done quite a long time ago and I think there was an article on it saved at se-r.net. I for the life of me can't remember his name, but he worked extensively with JWT who put a fresh bottom end with slightly lower compression and a nice ECU setup.

Brent

Does anyone know the numbers this thing put out, i saw the article on SE-R.net a while back but never saw any of the numbers.. God i can only imagine what honda boys think when they see this thing, its a 100times better than Vtec PLUS its got a killer turbo, ooooo im in love. :(

·
Registered
358 Posts
^^^Sorry to post again, but dus anyone know what strut bar that is, I know its a Stillen, but i never knew stillen made one for the NX (or will a sentra strut bar fit the nx's too?), Reguardless, that engine bay is immaculate

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
if that isn't ungodly, i don't know what is

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I read that article in SCC and bought my NX 2 weeks later. Coincidnece? I think not ;)

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
XsjadoTwin11 said:
^^^Sorry to post again, but dus anyone know what strut bar that is, I know its a Stillen, but i never knew stillen made one for the NX (or will a sentra strut bar fit the nx's too?), Reguardless, that engine bay is immaculate
It is a Stillen STB. Look at the top of the STB.

Manny

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by XsjadoTwin11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SE-Rawkus said:
It is a Stillen STB. Look at the top of the STB.

Manny
he knows that it was made by stillen, he just didnt know they made one for the NX.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Sr20 B12 said:
...... automatic :eek:

I believe that is because he was a pioneer with this engine. I've read his website and if you have you'd know how crazy this guy is. He paid 5grand for the motor. I also think he was most likely the first VE owner. So he might not have know if the manual tranny could be setup.

Even if he did, that auto tranny was built buy the experts and can / will take a beating.

Too bad I herd he never drives the damn thing. What a waste if you ask me. But then again...he made history. Don't f*** with history.

I don't think you need the VET cams for it to work, but they are your best bet for building a more than do-able motor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts