SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://turboexhaust.com/

Go to the reports page and then go to the Mitsu Eclispse dyno. The guy that designed this lives close to me and he was telling me that this really works. If it really does what it says it might be worth the investment.

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a brochure so I will quote right out of it.

Aeroturbinescool flow system is based on a jet engine and thermal dynamic technology.It utilizes induction axial vortez with a counter rotating expansion radial vortex, which produces a lower density outer air stream that flows around a higher density inner air stream. This creates a vortex vacuum that literally pulls the air off the piston head and out of the exhaust manifold - reducing the pressure and allowing the engine to breath easier. This spools up the turbo faster and lowers pyrometer (egt) thus dramatically increasing horsepower, torque and fuel mileage. maybe I should go and talk to him and see if I can be a test car for his company.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The info is bogus the numbers dont add up. the eclipse is said to have 183.8 ft lbs of torque at 2650 rpm and 136 hp at 2650 rpm. Well 183.8 ft lbs @ 2650 rpm = 92.739 hp. They pulled the numbers out of they're asses. And what honda Vtec four banger makes 91 ft lbs of torque at 2650 and 95.7 hp at the same rpm. Physics dont allow that.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
maybe they have them backwards, HP and Torque wise. 183 HP and 136Ft. Lbs seems right. But I am still not sure about this product. I won't be getting it.

BRent

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
sakerocket1 said:
The info is bogus the numbers dont add up. the eclipse is said to have 183.8 ft lbs of torque at 2650 rpm and 136 hp at 2650 rpm. Well 183.8 ft lbs @ 2650 rpm = 92.739 hp. They pulled the numbers out of they're asses. And what honda Vtec four banger makes 91 ft lbs of torque at 2650 and 95.7 hp at the same rpm. Physics dont allow that.

what are you talking about? What formula are you using?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Did you know that HP is a made up figure and doesn't even exist? Well... not in the real world anyways.. ;) It's a number that's created from a given amount of TQ at a certain RPM.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
yes, plus the terms they used sounded like they were pulled from directly out of their collective ass.

dont buy it, basically.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I sent an email telling them they're full of **** and heres the reply and then a copy of my reply back.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 8:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: you're numbers dont add up.

The people that did the web site published the wrong RPM numbers. They
carried the
same RPM numbers from the diesel truck graphs. The torque and
horsepower
numbers are
accurate and were performed on a dyno. The torque and horsepower
numbers
were obtained
at 5600 rpm. If you want to dyno one for yourself, I would be happy to
sell
you one with
a money back guarantee.

Thank you
Tony Sutera

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The numbers still dont add up. torque*rpm/5252=hp no matter what it's physics. Thats why horespower and tourque are always equal at 5252 rpm say you have 200 ft lbs all the way across the board for the sake of conversation. Now our imaginary motor has 200 ft lbs of tourque from idle to 11,000rpms. so at 5252 then you also have 200 hp. at 2626 rpm's you have 100hp at10504 rpm's you have 400hp. Not to be a nag or anything but I thought maybe it would help you or maybe you can get correct info out there. I just see all kinds of manufactures make false claims all the time and it bugs me.

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The brochure has the same results as the website. He said it was dyno'd at Phantom Motorsports (which really is a shop here in SLC) but i guess I wont be getting it. The thing looks so big I might have problems with it dragging on the ground. Thanks everbody.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts