SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an sr20 block with ga 16de head. similar to Honda's b18 block and b16 head for more torque. Just thinking here has it ever been done before?

·
Registered
150 Posts
this topic has been talked about on another site(b15sentra.net) and i think it has to do with the same series engines too, like sr20de with a sr20ve head

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Whould never work. The head and the block wouldn't match up.

NXkid, and sr20ve head should fit on a sr20de block but I have never heard of anyone doing it. I would love to get this head for a GTi-R engine.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The bolt holes don't line up between the SR20VE head and the DE block. It would take a lot of work to get this combination to work and that is why nobody has talked about actually doing it much.

People do fantasize about it a lot, though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What about the european SR18DE head on a SR20? That might give more torque? I dont know just an idea. While I am thinking about at, what about a 91-92 head on a '00 block?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Why the **** would you get JUST the SR20VE head? The bottom end contains the higher compression pistons.

We don't drive Hondas. The SR and GA motors are totally differrent. It'd be like asking if you can put a D16 head on a B18C1 bottom end.

What possesses people to think they can get a SR20VE head when getting the WHOLE motor is damn near impossible.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for some people it's not hard to find any of these engines mentioned SR20ve is hard but possible it's been done.Plus like it said I was just thinking.Relax.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Lets start by saying that most of the coments that I have seen here are just plain dumb. Why the hell would you want to put a GA16 head on a SR20 block. The head will not fit, the valves are way smaller, the intake and exhaust ports are tiny as hell. If you are trying to get higher comp just buy pistons or add aluminum to the cumbustion chamber.

Next the SR20VE head will bolt up to the SR20 Block, but what would be the use for that. If you try buying all the parts you need to do this conversion you end up with a 9.5-10.1 to 1 motor and you spent about $1,500 in parts and labor. Next I would like to see you guys get the head and all the parts off of a good motor. I would like to meet the idiot who alows you to take all that stuff of that motor. The SR20VE motor has 11 to1 comp so leave the dam motor alone. I have already seen the SR16VE head put on a rear drive SR20DET motor from a Silvia. Saw that swap in a magazine called Young Version on page 194 OCTOBER 01 edition. This magazine is a Tuning car mag out of JAPAN.

For the guy who said put a SR18 head on a SR20 block thats also silly, the SR18 head in lowport and highport design is the same as the SR20 head but has smaller valves intake and exhaust. The head does have a slightly smaller cumbustion chamber but the HP that you might gain you will lose for having smaller valves.

Lastly as for getting SR20VE VVL motors I have 2 for sale with Computer, Harness, MAF and complete Motor for $2,000. I also have a SR16VE VVL that is complete Motor, Harness, MAF, Computer, Flywheel and Clutch, Close ratio 5 Speed Gear Box and Axles for $2,500.

Thanks Andreas Miko

·
8,148 Posts
Andreas, what advantage does the VVL have (besides the obvious) over the DE? Is it worth it? I ask because I wonder why Carl Monopoli Turboed his and has the VVL disabled (I think that what was done). I know it was PITA with the DE ECU. Have you installed any and been happy with the results? I think $2000 is cheap for the motor, ECU and MAF (assuming the Variable Valve Lift is working).
The only think I would be a problem is getting parts for it. Unlike a DE-T that shares almost everything with the DE.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
The VVL torque curve is much more flat than the DE which means it has a more usable powerband. HP VVL 190 vs DE 140. Torque VVL 155 vs DE 133. If you get a VVL motor I can get you 235 flywheel hp which is about 205 WHP. To get that HP figure all you need to do is get some cams which I can get, a 4-1 header, cold induction with Pop Charger and a 2.5 inch exhaust. IF you can not hock up the VVL comp you can get a JWT comp to run the VVL motor with your stock harness and comp. With the parts listed above your NX 2000 would run mid 13 sec 1/4 mile times and hve a top speed of about 155-160 MPH.

·
Registered
429 Posts
How easy does an sr20ve go into a 200sx? I've always thought it would be real nice to get times in the 13's all-motor

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Stock flywheel #s are 190HP and about 155 LBT. If your car has a SR20 motor in it it just goes right in. It is a SR20 motor. If you can not figure out the wiring of the car just instale the motor and have JWT make a comp for the car to control the VTEC. If you have some MECH knowledge you can probably hook it up with the computer that I send with it or you can use your stock comp and use a MSD setup to turn the Selenoids on and off, This is a preety straight forward thing.

LiKe I have said to lots of you guys find a MECH. If you cheep it out and try to do the job yourself it will only cost you more in the long run after you **** it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts