SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my car got broken into Sunday night, bastards broke the rear driver side window. And my car is a 98, so I cant find a place local to me that sells it, new or used. Anyone have one of these or know where I can get one, perferrably used? Its the window with the black trim with no chrome on it, let me know!

They also stole my Sirius radio tuner, alpine deck, along with the radio bracket, OEM map pocket, and cup holders. Jerks. I think I know who did it too, they were sitting in my old apartments parking lot installing a radio in a junker toyota, like 20 feet from where my car was broken into, the next day.

I need a radio bracket as well, but Im not getting another deck yet, I have plans for something a little more extreme and steathly. Stupid jerks didnt bother taking my tool bag in the front seat with at least 300 dollars in tools, and my JL Audio amp in the trunk.

If anyone can help out hit me up at [email protected], Id appreciate it!

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ever have to replace the quarter glass, or know how its done? Its seem that the window and rubber trim around it is the same peice, and the whole thing needs to come off to replace it. PITA.

·
Boost Build
271 Posts
Best of luck getting those bastards, I dont know were you can get a window. If i were you i would jack your **** back lol

·
Wiggle wagon driver...
1,445 Posts
quarter glass is easy to replace. i have not done it on my 95, but on the 91 parts car i have all you do is remove a couple nuts and pop it out. when reinstalling the window, you will have to use some sort of sealant.

·
High comp lowport
663 Posts
the rear quarter glass is held in with 8 or 10 mm nuts and black sealant. you need to cut through the black to pop the glass out but make sure you dont cut all of the black away from the body or you will need to prime the surface. you can get a tube of the sealant at napa for like 8 bucks or so.

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally found a replacement window, and got it in. I used 3M Window Weld, which you just have to clean the surfaces, and stick it on. The B14 just has some snap in type connectors holding it in, the sealant does most of the work. I did have to trim away a lot of the old sealant, but it came out great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts