SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you believe that some moron stole my car cover this past weekend!!! I had it tied down with one of those plastic coated cables and a lock ofcourse... I am still baffled as to how they were able to take the damn thing off, I'm sure they cut the cable, but I didn't think you could cut that type of cable very easily :confused:

I know, I should probably move out to a place with a garage, but I'm working on finishing up school therefore, I am only able to work part time, so I can't afford it just now... :( So I am stuck having to park my car on the street.

Anyhow, I am in the process of buying a new car cover, but this time I want to be certain that it would be hard for someone to steal it. I don't want to have to spend another $100 to replace it.

So, besides using chains, does anyone have any ideas as to what type of cable I can use that would be hard to cut?

Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss. I'm also sorry to say that no matter what you buy, if someone wants it they will find a way to get it.

A friend's neighbor just had his 4-wheeler stolen, and he had a Harley Davidson lock (200 dollar big-un) and another chain and lock through the spokes of the wheels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You know what the funny thing is... I had my car broken into before, which is why I got the cover in the first place!!! :D Well that and the fact that I was tired of washing it so much. :) I should have stayed away from the black color!

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
That sucks that it happened. Thats why I just bought a cheap car cover at Wally world for like $30-$40, and its worked fine so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts