SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping at my local Publix for some more Chunky Country Vegetable soup, when I saw the cover of the new Car Craft Magazine. It has a Domestic Hot Rod racing a Honda CIVIC!!
Of course, the Domestic is in the lead. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Oh yeah, the title was "Faster And More Furious" :rolleyes:

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Hot Rod TV

To kinda go with your post I seen a episode of I believe Hot Rod TV where they installed a Intake system and a header on a Civic.
I believe they where afraid to use a SR20 car for a how to mod show cause they are probably afraid that too many viewers would probably go out and buy one after seeing the results of just a couple of mods. Just a thought.

Darren

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Domestic-VS-Import!

Its funny how this rivalry will always exsist. I love racing muscle cars. I have raced a couple and have won some and ofcourse lost some. I love it. I am getting tired of wooping on Civics. :D . Oh well racing is racing!!!!!!!!! I bet that muscle car was beating the import because the import did not squeez on his punk ass yet !:D You got to love the BLUE BOTTLE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
ya know it really amazes me sometimes what goes on in the hot-rodding versus immporting world. If ya think about it we all have the same roots...

Back in the early days of hot-rodding what were the guys doing? They were taking the little engines out of their model A's and dropping in bigger engines out of bigger cars (the flathead out of mercs and such). It continued this way even into the sixty with the birth of the muscle car. They wer taking big engines out of larger cars and putting them in the mid size cars....

What are we doing with imports? Same damn thing! Swapping in a bluebird engine (out of an altima essentially) or a b16 or b18 swap into the civics. To me its really all the same thing.

Only difference i can see is that they have been doing it longer. Heck i grew up with muscle cars and such. My parents bought a 1969 olds cutlass when they first got married and they still have it sitting in the driveway at home. Its waiting for them to get enoughmoney together for them to be able to restore it at this point.

We even had an AMC AMX drag car in the garage at home for a while. 390 with a four speed and posi that thing turned an 11.xx quarter in its day.

Heck that is where my screen name came from. (the rocket series of engines in the oldsmobile)

anyway its all good..... I just like cars thats all.......
Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts