SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has Gremlins (long)

Ok, since the recent mods my car is a little kooky.

The distro shocked the crap out of me while setting the timing after the cam install. I think I blew a ground somehow, but where is it?

The new belts squeal at startup. I think its the compressor/alt belt. Where do i check the tension? (ie between which two pulleys) The FSM is vague about how to set tension properly. I'm not even sure if they are tight or loose.

Will setting the AGX's on the lowest setting improve long term durability? I am concerned about getting it aligned. The guy at pepboys would not touch it with the new suspension. Also, are there any cool adjustments I can make to corner better?

Next up are SS brake lines. Any quick install tips? TIA, and let me know if it's preferred for me to chop things like this up into several posts in the future. Peace y'all-
Bennitto

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The distro shocked the crap out of me while setting the timing after the cam install. I think I blew a ground somehow, but where is it?</font>
What makes you believe you have a blown fuse? Is the engine running OK?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Where do i check the tension? </font>
Take the splash shields off and get under the car.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Will setting the AGX's on the lowest setting improve long term durability? </font>
I have no idea. What springs do you have?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">am concerned about getting it aligned. The guy at pepboys would not touch it with the new suspension</font>
What springs do you have?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Will setting the AGX's on the lowest setting improve long term durability? I am concerned about getting it aligned. The guy at pepboys would not touch it with the new suspension. Also, are there any cool adjustments I can make to corner better? </font>
If you have stock springs, keep the AGXs on the lowest setting. Anything higher will overpower the spring. If you're going to race I'd mess with the shocks to get better handling characteristics but I generally turn them back down before driving home.

As far as alignment goes, try to stay away from places like PepBoys. Try and find a good alignment shop that will align the car to your specs. At least ask the guy if he will use your specifications instead of factory ones. I recently put AGXs on and had the guy dial in maximum negative camber and a little toe out. Also get a 4 wheel alignment if you have a B13.

As far as cool adjustments.. Read over this page thoroughly. http://www.se-r.net/car_info/suspension_tuning.html

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. I meant to put my sig in the post. Musta forgot, I have H&R springs.
I must have lost a ground wire somewhere, thats what I meant. Thus I became the ground. Why else would I get shocked? I don't think it was a fuse. Engine is runnin fine. Better than it's been for awhile.
Thanks for the link too P.

------------------
'96 green SE-R GReddy,pop, 2URP set, 91 intake cam, ESMM, AGX/H&R's
Named: Buttercup after the powerpuff girl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts