Let me rephrase myself for you. It's not a LIQUID cell battery, therefore it CANNOT die. It's a dry/gel cell battery. It will recharge indefinitely. I stated dead as in the alternator isn't recharging the battery. Which is why I told you to double check your voltages from the alternator to the battery to ensure that it's charging. If you're not seeing 14.xVDC while the vehicle is on, and with A/C running or any other accessory, then your alternator cannot keep up with the current draw, or it just doesn't work worth a damn.I knew it was lower then it needed to be while running, but not by much so I didnt mind. Read my post again.. the battery is fine. Even if it Did die, its a fu*king Yellow Top. Those things almost never die, mostly brand new. Hell, Ive seen one drive a 4L Charakee with no alt for 20 minutes, not have enough juice to start it again till they let it sit for 10 minutes.. started right up no problem.
I will check all the grounds tomorrow morning. I'll also pull the starter and see if it works or not.
If it does work... what could stop it from turning over, just a ground? If so even that sounds possible. It could have started all those times till it just came loose enough from all my driving.
Edit: I just remembered when I bought the car I checked over everything I could... the alt was charging at high 13s then too, so its been like this the whole time even on the crap corroding battery that has been in there since I bought it two years ago.
Okay, well with all accessories off, your car is reporting voltages correctly at around 13.xVDC. The big question, though, is whether the alternator kicks in to compensate for the voltage drop when you turn on your accessories. I really would suspect that you have a ground issue with your amp, that is siphoning power from your battery. Do you get shocked at all while getting in or out of the vehicle? Static discharge? Definitely a sign of bad grounds somewhere in the chassis. Make sure that you're not grounding your accessories to the same point you're grounding your battery to, either. I know some say it doesn't matter, but in my experiences, it's never wise to ground multiple items to the same ground. (This of course doesn't apply to grounding components in the engine bay to the chassis, as they're all directly connected to eachother, anyway)Actually nothing was on when I did that, I even turned off the head unit completely. Tomorrow morning I will check it... but like I said, even with the crap battery that was in the car when I bought it, it run two years just fine. The only difference now being the amp and subs, but its also on a yellow top now too.
Part of it could have to do with your shoes, or fabric softener. But more often than not, it has to do with items grounded to chassis. Before I put a system in my SE, I never got shocked. Once the amp and driver went in, I started getting shocked all the time. Found out that the grounding location for my amp wasn't the best.I made sure not to ground anything to the same point. And.. Ive Always been shocked getting out of my car. Even my friends 200SX SE I get shocked getting out of.. I think even his Spec I did. lol I just figured it was me or something. Now I will definitely make sure to check all the grounds. I will also see about sanding the ones for the amp and battery.
Im checking the continuity between the bare chassis (where I sanded) and the negative terminal on the battery.. What exactly am I looking for? It starts somewhere around 15 and in a second drops to 6 and keeps dropping till if I hold it long enough goes to 0.0.