SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can you tell when your clutch is slipping sometime is it hard to put it in gear and sometimes my car won't even go into gear why i need help

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Give us more detail, and we'll help you.

Does it...
1. Go into gear with the engine turned off only?
2. Go into gear with the engine turned on only?
3. Not go into gear, regardless of engine on/off?

A slipping clutch is not really indicated by whether the car goes into gear or not. Rather, the RPMs will rise quickly but the car won't accelerate.

You might have a pressure plate problem, but we need more detail.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it goes into gear with the car off but when it on it hard to put it in gear and then sometime it won't go in at all and it hard to put it in first gear those but all the other gears are pretty smooth HELP ME OUT

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
check motor mounts and linkage for shifer would be my guess

·
SerMonkey
553 Posts
Try and adjust your clutch.. How much free play is at the top of the pedal, it should be no more than an inch or so.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it had no free play on the clutch pedal and it only happen sometime the car won't go into gear and sometimes it does could it be a bad clutch because it had a aftermaket clutch on it you can hear it grind a little bit but not really loud those and when it won't go into gear reverse grind when you try to put it in and when it won't go in gear, you turn the car off and put it in gear and restart it, it won't start just crank HELP ME

1 - 7 of 7 Posts