SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
can i do it without soldering the wires?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I just bought my 92 nx2000 and i noticed that when im trying to feather the pedal for a normal launch or even while moving, the car hesitates and bucks little by little..the bucking is consistent until i give it some more gas it smooths out and winds out as usual without any bucking. I just got new spark plugs (all gapped properly now) new distributor cap and rotor, new air filter and i figured whats left is a new fuel filter and plug wires and a good throttle body cleaning?? What do you guys think is the cause of this problem im having...the car has 65k miles on it. Thanks in advance. After cleaning the throttle body..will i feel better accleration and pedal response?? thanks...

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
yes cleaning the TB dose help quite abit. try taking some of the slack out of the cable to the TB

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
man, i had that problem with my NX. it's stil there a LITTLE TEENY bit...but, i cleaned the EGR/BPT, throttle body, and got new spark plugs and put an intake on and it's mostly gone. i would love to know the easiest way to reground the MAF. anyone care to explain?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
can it be done without soldering the wire from the middle wire to the ground wires on the block?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

G

·
Yeah it can be done with a wire tap. I would not do this for many reasons the main ones being. The wire will not have a good solid contact which is what you need to drop the resistance of the wire to make the fix work right. #2 would be that over time the wire tap connection will become corodded and you will end up doing it all over again.

------------------
www.importpartsplus.com
My site

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
I just bought my 92 nx2000 and i noticed that when im trying to feather the pedal for a normal launch or even while moving, the car hesitates and bucks little by little..the bucking is consistent until i give it some more gas it smooths out and winds out as usual without any bucking. I just got new spark plugs (all gapped properly now) new distributor cap and rotor, new air filter and i figured whats left is a new fuel filter and plug wires and a good throttle body cleaning?? What do you guys think is the cause of this problem im having...the car has 65k miles on it. Thanks in advance. After cleaning the throttle body..will i feel better accleration and pedal response?? thanks...

</font>

Disconnect the EGR tube and see what happens.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
WTF? what do you mean it will corrode over time? i thought you only touch the wires for a minute? man, someone needs to clear this **** up!!

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Touch the wires for a minute? Well, that won't cure the problem (except for the minute that it remains grounded).

What happens is that the original ground corrodes over time, so by soldering the wire to the MAF, and running it to the intake runners, you're creating a new *permanent* ground.

I had jerkiness at low rpm, the car was running rich, and getting bad gas mileage. Since the reground in 1998, it has run fine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Ok, i cleaned out the throttle body and noticed that the car winds out smoother now but the hesitation between 2k and 3k is still present, it is slightly better though. What should i do next?? thanks. I want to get this thing as smooth as my friends se-r.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I bet your EGR is sticking. Try moving it by hand, see if it moves freely.

If it doesn't, take it off and clean out any deposits with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush. However, don't run the carb cleaner through the actual valve, just the seat at the base of the valve, because there's a rubber diaphragm which doesn't take kindly to solvents.

No need to buy a new gasket, some Permatex will seal it back up ok again.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
throttle body cleaning actually helped quite a bit. The car revs more freely now even with the stock exaust and piping on there and stock intake. I managed to cut 3 tenths of a second off of my 0-60 time. also, question, does disconnecting the egr system hurt my car in any way, or will it actually help it?? tahnks

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

1 - 15 of 15 Posts