SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... Alright, well here's my situation. My car has been working fine, but today after washing my car it wouldnt start. Just made a clicking noise. I checked and didnt notice really anything wet in the engine bay. All accessories and stuff worked, eventually I ended up roll starting it and it tried to die but we got it going.

So I thought maybe it was the starter... I got it home, turned it off and tried starting it, it started up the two times I tried, but each time it made this weird scratchy kinda squeely :confused: noise. So, I was wondering what is going on with it?

sorry I'm a noob. thanks in advance...

-Dre

·
Registered
135 Posts
That clicking noise could be anything from loose terminals, to bad ground, to corrision on wires. But you said it started after you drove home, which dried it. Just check all your connections, make sure they are clean and tight.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ ok thanks i'll check on that.. but what about the weird noise its making? has to do with that too?
was curious if something is about to go bad or something.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My sellinoid[spelling] made noise before my starter went. But it didn't have anything to do with water. My starter would work sometimes and sometimes I would have to push start it, finally I had to push it every time so I changed it. Which isn't hard to do if you have to, just wait and see if it does it again.Good luck

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sellinoid[spelling] <-- ok, somebody told me maybe it was that. well thanks for all your help. hopefully everything will work fine.. i need to leave for spring break tomorrow!

·
B13
1,426 Posts
hooligan NX2000 said:
sellinoid[spelling] <-- ok, somebody told me maybe it was that. well thanks for all your help. hopefully everything will work fine.. i need to leave for spring break tomorrow!
It sounds like your starter is on it's way out.I had that problem before.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kleensleeper said:
It sounds like your starter is on it's way out.I had that problem before.
yes.. i think you're right. It happend again today.. so i didnt wanna leave for spring break.

Anyone know a good place to get a replacement for a good price, and what type? i dont have a lot of money for a couple weeks... this sucks.

i know i can roll start it but that might not always be possible depending where i get stuck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts