SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SEriouslystrippedsleepeR
Joined
·
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has very similar symtoms to silversx se-r (If you've been following that thread). In short, car starts 10% of the time and will idle normally at 1400 but when I apply just a little acceleration the car bogs down seriously. The frequency of me applying gas to the engine and getting an increase in rpms is about 10% of the time too the other 90% of the time the car will bog down. When I let off of the gas the car will jump back up to 1400 and idle normally (If it didn't stall when I applied the gas).

There were numerous problems with my electrical system (specifically the harness) when I bought it. The guy said that he was having problems with the ignition and the relays (*relays... hmmm). He also cut up the harness something awfull (to route the ignition starter to a push button, that 3rd fuse from the bottom on the left side leaves the engine power on, harness is cut around the front wheel well on the drives side).

And I didn't help my electrical woes by leaving his power wire for his subs connected to the battery leading back to the trunk were it was touching the body.... Doh!
 

·
SE-R GREEK
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
One of the reasons you do not get a lot ( :) ) of replies is that your problem seems to be one of those "there is something wrong but no-one knows where to start from" problems that will drag along for a looong time.

Anyway, we may start... WHAT CAR do you have? Model, Year, etc.
 

·
SE-R GREEK
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Just a note:

There are several problems in your car judging from your post.

1. Car starts only 10% of the time.
2. Ca idles at 1400rpm. This is NOT "normally".
3. Car bogs down.
4. Car may be a mess electrically.

We might as well start from #1.

It starts 1 out of 10.
Is it the same whether engine is cold or warmed up? Does the frequency of success changes?
What about ambient temperature?
Do you always hear the fuel pump rpiming when you turn the key to ON?
How long does it prime?
Have you ever tested Fuel pressure?

etc...
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top