SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to take my car to the car wash if I have a CAI? I would like to go to a car wash so The bottom of my car gets nice and clean, but am worried that my engine might take in water. The filter is covered by the splash gaurd, but still...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Forget paying the $5

WASH IT BY HAND!

or, Just don't wash it like I do. :D (well at least not until next years meet) <Kidding>

Really, buy a bucket and a good sponge (use a new one each wash) and you will be amazed where you can find dirt that the car wash can't find! Then no lost sleep about getting wet! :)

Also, use Macguires 2 step polish/wax, (2 bottles)

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're better washing it yourself. Those carwash places dont properly clean the entire exterior. Besides, you feel more satisfied doing it yourself.:cool:

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Not to mention the fact that they use much harsher detergents, and dont even drag that brush across your paint...(you never know who was scrubbin the underside of their Silverado)

Wash it at home by hand...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
dude, you'd have to stick the CAI IN a bucket of water to get hydro-lock! but i'm w/ the others..do it by hand. that way YOUR attention to detail gets you the best result.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do wash it by hand. I just wanted to go to a car wash once to get any crap that may be underneath my car that I cant get to with a hose.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
In the winter when its just above freezing i'll go and spray it off myself for $2.. You can get the bottom too if you get real low and angle it up..

I usually do it when it gets tough to see out he windows.. here we go again, hello rocker panel rust..

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
"Just above freezing"..??? What is that...it's like 86 deg. here....:D sorry guys...had to, I just had to....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Laugh it up sun cracked dash man! :D J/K

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
not a single crack in it! bwah ah aha ah ah ah ah ah not even dry looking...!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts