SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll kind of give you a run-down. I recently replaced my GA16 with a fresh SR20. I had an SE-R parts car, so I ripped all of the wiring harness out of it, and switched these. Most if not all wiring is hooked up exactly how it was pulled off. The battery was also relocated to the trunk to make room fo my K&N filter. After swapping in basically everything from the SE-R, I tried to crank it tonight to prime the oiling system, and nothing. No crank, no noise, no cluster lights, etc. I took apart my dash again to find out that everything is properly hooked up. I have headlights and taillights, dome light etc, but no gauge cluster or any sign of action from my starter. It's a good starter because I tested it at my work. This is a USDM motor that was rebuilt, so I have no idea what I'm looking for now. I'm tired, I want it running, and now I can't even prime the damn thing. I know it's a long shot, but anyone have any suggestions? My ignition switch is working because I can hear all of my relays kicking in (except for Fuel Pump Relay which was removed for priming). Anyways, I'll keep searching, but anything would be greatly. Thanks guys.

Corey

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I think I narrowed it down to my computer having no power. I did wire up my E-Manage, and the ground and power wires are good. They are properly hooked up but my computer keeps saying "Cannot communicate with Main Unit. Start OFFLINE?". Anyone have any suggestions? I know it's hard to, but anything will help. I need these thing going!! Thanks guys for any help. I'll keep searching.

Corey

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
perhaps you blew the main fuse for power in the front of the car during the battery relocation?

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the fuse. It's not burnt or split, and nothing looks out of the ordinary. The plan was to start it tonight...but, we'll just have to see! Anyone else? LoL...this sucks.

Corey

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
if you hear a relay when turning your ignition key, then your starter solenoid is not kicking out. did you use the ga16 accessory harness, or swapped the sr20 one also? follow all wires coming from the starter, and make sure it's connected. if you find a loose wire, turn the ignition key, and probe the accessory harness for signal, and connect that to the loose wire. if you do have the ga16 harness (i'm talking about the one that runs along the driver side of the engine bay), you'll have to modify the connector (2plug) to connect to the one signal wire from the sr20 starter. basically make sure you have a signal to the starter.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using all of the SR20DE wiring harness. Yes, the wire on the starter for the solenoid to kick out was contacting, but not fully connected. Now that it is properly connected, the starter kicks, but with very little power. I'm charging my battery overnight. Also, I realized I have no power to my ECU. I've been searching all night trying to find some posts on the FSM Pin locations on the factory ECU to find where all the power sources are. Anyone have any suggestions? I will make a seperate post in a few minutes. Thanks.

Corey

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Anyone have any suggestions over me not having power to ECU? I checked all my wiring, and I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything. The car now cranks, and I primed it, but now I know it won't run w/o the ECU having power. Hmm...I just don't know anymore.

Corey

·
Registered
88 Posts
Zexel said:
Anyone have any suggestions over me not having power to ECU? I checked all my wiring, and I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything. The car now cranks, and I primed it, but now I know it won't run w/o the ECU having power. Hmm...I just don't know anymore.

Corey
Do you have the connectors behide the radio hooked to the ecu? Does your check engine light come on when you stick in the key to the on position?

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, and it actually fixed the problem. There was a 3 or 6-pin connector to the right side of the radio. Plugged that in, and bingo. After about 2 hours of chasing wires, we came across that and it gets power. I'm quite pissed and feel like a big idiot, but now the car runs...shitty to say the least. Gotta fix some leaks and problems, and hopefully she'll be on the road soon.

Corey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts