SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i installed my "new" jspec engine and it runs fine...at least it does now, but anyways, i also installed an ACT 6 puck Xtreme pressure plate clutch. i cranked up my car, and tried to put it in first gear, and it wont go. when the car is off, i was able to put it in gear, so the clutch is not disengaging...ive checked my clutch cable, adjusted it, im not sure if i adjusted it right, but ive spent 2 days messing around with my clutch cable, and everything. has anyone had this problem, and what could be wrong?...help please!..i need my car!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
humm...i think so, i mean, i tried the opposite way, and it was hard to insert into the the transmission shaft..so i fliped it and it fit right in...so i dont know if thats the problem...hope not, dont want to have to take out the transmissions again...

·
Registered
858 Posts
dude check my post on the act some time last month. same her back then and an easy fix is in the post.all my boys with act have done the same and worked.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY...thanks...i'll do that, and hope it works..but what did you mean when you said 2 inch wide by 3/16 inch?...what types of washers were these?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Stupid question... Are you sure you put the disc on the right way? A disc that is backwards can cause the problems you're having....

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok..ive got like 8 washers on there, and NOTHING!...still the same, but the clutch pedal is higher and pulls the clutch lever back further...yet NOTHING!...help!

·
Registered
858 Posts
you don't need more than 2 washers about a 1/4" thick altogether. if you put too many you can stretch the cable. check thetranny and make sure it's on good all mounts are tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts