SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NX wont start it cranks over fine, I smell gas comming out of the exuast when cranking but it wont fire.... what could have happend. The ignition system ? Could have the coil burnt out ?
The car did start for a sec but sputterd and died right away. Any one have any idears on what it could be please help !

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
i guess this is kinda redundant, since u probably did all this but.....

-check ur distributor, coil, and alternator connections
-check for vacuum/air leaks near or after the MAF to the throttle body
-check the plugs

good luck

·
Registered
858 Posts
my crank angle (distributor) went bad and wouldn't start either. self diagnose the ecu and read the codes.mine had crank angle sensor,ignition signal.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

G

·
Nick,

My car did this after let it sit for a few days. I think it rained and it was real humid day also having little gas in the tank. It turned over but sounded wierd, started then died. I kept trying and finally it ran rough and smoothed itself out after a while. A few weeks later I did, plugs,wires,cap,rotor and fuel filter. Hasn't done it since.

G

·
mine died once ,just shut off 1/4 mile from home around 108k miles, unpluged spark plug wire put in old puld no spark, unpluged coil wire put in plug no spark, replaced coil and problem solved for me.
if you want to keep it cheap check the coil first, some auto parts stores can do it for you, noe around here though they are suppost to be able to.
if coil is good then try the info the other posts ,all true and good info.
also try to listen to see if yo can hear the fuel pump cone on and run just after u turn the key on before u crank it over. i could hear mine so i knew it was good and even unhooked the fuel line where it goes on to the fule rail to make shure it was getin gass and all ok. hope u get it started soon

------------------

93 SE-R, pace setter header, intake, WV style.

·
Hi Officer, how ya doin'?
438 Posts
I just experienced this problem myself just last night. I wasn't getting any spark at all. I checked my ground wire from the engine to the body. It was corroded beyond belief. I replaced it Monster Cable 4 gauge power wire with gold terminals and the summofa-bitch started right up. Check your ground!

G

·
If none of that works check your power transistor wires may be loose. Also I know you said that you smelled gas coming from your exhaust double check to make sure all of your fuses especially your fuelpump fuse and electronic ignition fuses are good to go. You can also check your fuse box inside the engine compartment that is on the driverside right behind your headlight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts