SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday all!
first time on the forums so go easy :)

I have a b13 nx coupe that's been swapped with an p11 primera sr20 low port, ukdm.
The old dog won't start after a cold snap.
Things I've checked:
- Has spark, have tested all leads and plugs, no worries, dizzy cap is allgoods. battery replaced.
-fuel: fuel pump is working, fuel is making it through the return into the filter. I have not checked the injectors, but surely this would lead to a simple missfire if it was them, rather than all 4 not going?
-air, i have unplugged the MAF, and checked that but still nothing.

In general the car has never liked cold starting, and takes upwards of 15-20 seconds to start normally. Below roughly a quarter of a tank of fuel, it will tend to surge a bit, but still run. However, it always idles fine, never high and never varies.

I've spoken to the guy that built the car and we're both a bit stumped. He's suggested perhaps the cold start system needs adjustment. if anyone could shed some light on how to do that that'd be great.

Many thanks

·
Registered
SR20DE stock G20 p10 highport
100 Posts
Gidday all!
first time on the forums so go easy :)

I have a b13 nx coupe that's been swapped with an p11 primera sr20 low port, ukdm.
The old dog won't start after a cold snap.
Things I've checked:
- Has spark, have tested all leads and plugs, no worries, dizzy cap is allgoods. battery replaced.
-fuel: fuel pump is working, fuel is making it through the return into the filter. I have not checked the injectors, but surely this would lead to a simple missfire if it was them, rather than all 4 not going?
-air, i have unplugged the MAF, and checked that but still nothing.

In general the car has never liked cold starting, and takes upwards of 15-20 seconds to start normally. Below roughly a quarter of a tank of fuel, it will tend to surge a bit, but still run. However, it always idles fine, never high and never varies.

I've spoken to the guy that built the car and we're both a bit stumped. He's suggested perhaps the cold start system needs adjustment. if anyone could shed some light on how to do that that'd be great.

Many thanks
I once left the distributor's power unplugged.
Auxilary Air valve?
Fuel pump fuse is good?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I once left the distributor's power unplugged.
Auxilary Air valve?
Fuel pump fuse is good?
I've sorted it now!
started her up on a 9°c day and she started, so it's something to do with cold starting.

I really appreciate your response though :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This could be the case in the ignition coil. You need to check it out. If this is the case, then you can order such a spare part using the car's Vin number. Vininspect service will help you check the Vin number and find the part you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts