SR20 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done doing a 5 speed swap in my nx2000. i put all new fluids in, charged the battery, and have 1/4 tank of gas. yet it wont start, the engine wont even trun over. i tryed pop starting it a couple of times and the last time it sounded like it wanted to start but it wouldn't. i was hoping if anyone one had any thoughts on what mightbe wrong or what i could do to get it started.

thanks rob

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do have fuel pressure and its a cable clutch

·
3 NX2000's
721 Posts
i do have fuel pressure and its a cable clutch
The clutch safety switch is the switch on the firewall of your car. The clutch pedal hits it and tells the starter that it's OK to turn since you are not trying to start the car with the drivetrain engaged.
This is not your problem since the starter is turning.

You have fuel pressure, the next thing to check is that you have spark and the injectors are firing.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
check your clutch saftey switch its up at the top of the clutch pedal where the cable comes in if its not connected the car wont turn over

·
3 NX2000's
721 Posts
where did he say his starter was turning? all i saw was the engine wont even trun over.
True.

My bad; I missed the won't turn over when he turns the key to "start".

·
3 NX2000's
721 Posts
check your clutch saftey switch its up at the top of the clutch pedal where the cable comes in if its not connected the car wont turn over
It's on the firewall.

The one at the top of the clutch is for the cruise control.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
either way he needs to make sure they r connected bc he did a 5speed swap

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i don't have any thing connected to the clutch exp. for the cable thats it. if any one has the wire that connects to it that would be great.

thanks for all your help rob

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the car finally started right up after i bypassed the clutch pedel. know the car wont stay running, it would idle for a bit and the die. if any one has any suggestion that would be great.

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
bypassed? Does it NOT have that clutch switch? If it won't idle, I'd take a look at your maf and make sure it's grounded well and connected.

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
checked the wiring on the maf and were i bypassed the clutch and they both have a good connection.

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got the car running and idleing great. turns out one of the vacum lines on the under side of the intercooler piping wasn't on all the way.

·
Sleeper in progress
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does anyone know what i have to wire to gether to get my reverse lights to work. i have the 5 speed tranny in with an auto wiring harness. ive try a few different ways and still got nuthing any input would be great. thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts