SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys can someone tell me WHY my car won't start? :mad: :confused:

Battery seems fine, accessories work, it's like there is no signal to the starter or something...anyone ever have this kind of problem?

-Lui

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Did you try getting jiggy with the cable wires.
Mine did this one time , and after I jiggled the wires on the battery it started up. Pop the clutch on that MOFRO!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
mine did that when my started died. If you got a 5 speed try popping the clutch.(push it down the hill and stick it in gear and pump the clutch with the ignition on)
Good luck,
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... I ended up jump-starting it and driving to my mechanic.

I think it's the starter too...any idea what a starter go for ($$$)??

-Lui

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
sounds like the starter to me. Andreas had some for sale in the for sale section for like 60. If you buy one off the street it will probably be somewhere around 100

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it's the inhibitor swtich cause it started once I jump started it.

Only $100 (usd I guess). Hmm, good not that bad then. I hope that it's just a cable though...I need the cash for Vegas next week!

anyways thnks guys...I'll let you know what it was when my mechanic let's me know...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Ill bet money it IS the battery. It seems 9 times out of 10 when ever anyone on the list says "Car wont start, but battery is good lights and everything come on" it is the battery. I know it was on my car once, and many of my friends cars. I would find someone with a battery you can borrow for a few mins and hook it up. Very rarely has it been something else. So try the battery first and ALWAYS first.

If that dont work, jack the car up put it on jack stands. Grab your tire iron from the back, crawl under the front of the car. Look up beside the crossmember and spot the starter. Tap it a few good licks with the end of the tire iron(easiest and handiest thing I found to reach it) then try to start the car.

Again it usualy IS THE BATTERY. even tho it will run the lights and other accessories.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm...never thought of checking the battery...didn't have too much time this morning, had to get my butt to work!

-Lui

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK guys, my mechanic (at TEKAM Automotive) just got back to me.

Turns out it was the starter that was hooped, they had to rebuild the brushes in it! :D

Thanks for the response! Really appreciate it! :cool:

-Lui

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
if it just clicks then its probably the starter but like kevin said, hit it a few times, that usually loosens it up for a start or two.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
if its a bad spot on the starter, you wouldnt have been able to jump it! i know....i had a bad spot in mine once. but get it checked anyways i gues..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts