SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a reason that there are no carb legal kits for sr20's? is it lack of demand or inability to make it pass smog?

·
Registered
515 Posts
If your talking about turbo kits jim wolf is developing one and it should come out in the summer and it is CARB legal.

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
SE Limited said:
If your talking about turbo kits jim wolf is developing one and it should come out in the summer and it is CARB legal.
I'd put my name on the list to buy one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would convince me to buy nissan instead of honda, and i'm sure it would for others in stricter emmissions states. i love the sleeper aspect of sentra's and g20's and i love the sr20de engine but i'm not willing to **** with looking for a hook up on smog testing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SE Limited said:
just out of curiosity where did you get that info?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I asked when were they going to give the SR20 some turbo pertformance. The kit will include a T28- internal wastegate, GTiR mani,JWT ECu. NO intercooler, BOV, fuel addition; but they are available. avail- late summer '04 is what I was told

·
Registered
515 Posts
And the CARB # isD-244-2

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Wow, that would be worth taking a look at!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why does it come withhout an intercooler? i noticed for honda's for instance, the greddy doesn't come with one either, but the edelbrock kit does. I can't see how an intercooler would negatively effect emmissions. This also kinda sucks because i can assume that that means if you add an intercooler than you are no longer carb legal. is this right?

·
Registered
408 Posts
se-rediculous said:
why does it come withhout an intercooler? i noticed for honda's for instance, the greddy doesn't come with one either, but the edelbrock kit does. I can't see how an intercooler would negatively effect emmissions. This also kinda sucks because i can assume that that means if you add an intercooler than you are no longer carb legal. is this right?
The CARB papers specify - no intercooler. If it has an intercooler it wont pass the CARB referee. Its not all about emissions, CARB is more political then pragmatic.

The CARB number has been around for awhile. There are some who have replicated the setup and used it with success against the board referee.

- edit
Why so many non-ca folks interested in CARB approval ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts