SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard anything about CF hoods having a tendancy to flip up onto the windshield alot? I hear that the latches on both VIS and FI tend to break and the hoods fly up.... I want a CF hood but dont like hoodpins. If anyone can share some experiance with theirs or what they have heard that would be great.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
You'll want hood pins no matter what. My friends accords hood w/o pins flaps ALOT at the corners, Its scary riding in it. His is a VIS btw. BEst thing to do would be to find some Black pins.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Get the hood pins. You'll be doing your windshield and your roof a favor. Paint the pins black if it'll help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
^^^^^ What kind of hood do you have???

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I powdercoated mine black, you could not even tell they were there, on another note, an s14 owner up here has had his FI hood for 2ish years on his car w/o pins and has never had a problem, but better safe than sorry.....

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I have a B13 with a Sunny Stylin CF hood from the Kenley group buy.
It's been on my car without hood pins since last fall, no problems yet.
It does bounce around at the corners quite a bit at highway speeds and on windy days. I do have a bungie cord underneath, hooked on the latch though,
just in case.
I plan on installing hood pins sometime soon, just to be safe.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
fi hood no pins for 2 years now no sloppiness in the hood at all. i do plan for pins now that its a little faster. anyone know of a good pin?

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
hood pins. everyone with an aftermarket hood should get them. they are what, 20 bucks for a pair. better 20 bucks now than 400 later for a new hood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts