SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know were can i get a carbon fiber hood for a 91 SE-R. how will i know if it is real and what is the cost.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nobody has one in constant production. The only way is to approach a company and see if they will make a bunch of them. That means that you have to get about 20 or so people commited to buy it before you go to them - they wont waste their time making just one. Then there is the issue of the safty of it. Basically, an OEM hood is engineered to absorb the impace of a head on crash by crumpling in certain places. A carbon fiber hood will just shatter and splinter, and, if hit right, could go through your windshield causing serious injury. But thats a whole other topic.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Fiber Images will be releasing a Carbon Fiber hood for the B13 once they finish my hood. It should be ready next week for me to fit onto my car and for them to make any adjustments, if any, at that time. It will retain the stock hood latch and mounting brackets. No need for hood pins. I will post pics after the install within a week or two. *****Please*****

DO NOT CALL FIBER IMAGES!!!!!!!

This is the same company that is sponsoring Ben Benavides' 10 Second 200SX and James Farrer's 10 Second Sentra.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 288.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

G

·
Am getting my Carbon Fiber Hood too next week for the b13. I seen the ones from Fiber Images make they look pretty good. They are very light weight. I am very happy on how they make it. That why I order mine. Its is a little off on my friends Civic. But it looks ok. I will take some pixs of my friends Civic and post them soon. I talk to Leonard You can email him at [email protected] about the b13 CF hood.

Richie Soliven Representing Split Second Racing in Va beach,VA
SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER, JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat(That is hollowed out), 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5(TRYING TO GET RID OF),relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls, Stillen kit , Carbon Fiber Hood on the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts