SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, the time has come for the new project to come to the public. I'm approved and now presenting the Nissan mirror visors made in Carbon Fiber.

I will be the contact on the product: Roger Raymond, 561-543-5162 or [email protected]

Product Cost & Release Date:

$225 @ 10 sets
$215 @ 20 sets
$205 @ 30 sets

and so on...

The first buy in will cap @ 50 sets, so the cheapest possible pricing is $185 shipped.

There's a good chance I'll be getting these down to the mid to high $100's no matter the commitments but interested posts are welcomed. Other forum members and I are confirming fitment to addtional chassis and if so, a true GB will be proposed to the vendor if we can get the numbers required for a lower price.

Production will begin on October 1st, which may seem a long way away, but trust that time flies with a project of this caliber.

I will begin collecting funds from September 22nd to September 30th. This should give everyone interested ample time to gather funds.

Products Estimated time of delivery is Two weeks from payment date.

As many of you are aware, the last shop I tried a project with went out of business. I've switched vendors and have run this completely differently to ensure product is guaranteed for delivery. I will require 1/2 down as a deposit. Once received, it locks in a set or more depending on how many you commit to. The other 1/2 upon completion of the part.

Product Disclaimer:
Please do not commit if you are unsure as you can affect the pricing of others by backing out. Similar to what I've seen others do, if you commit and need to back out, I'd advise you get someone to take your place privately and send me a message to that effect.

These visors will include a chip & construction warranty for 12 months. 3M double sided install tape included.

Please take care when installing to note any defects in manufacturing. With Carbon, each piece will have it's own unique level of shape, but should fit the desired mirror as expected. Double sided 3M tape is enough for installation provided the surface to adhere to is smooth, clean and free of debris.

Any additional tampering to product or adhesives to install will void initial product warranty.

Pictures: used 3M double sided for my install.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok folks, my initial thought was to have multiple group buys of this, but I reviewed the selling point to the vendor and we agreed to just run this once to be able to move on to other parts. To get cost down further we are going to try 2 layers of carbon instead of 3 layers and I'll test for fitment and rigidity.

I'm going to come up with all the funds to make sure we use this mold to it's utmost.

The price is now $150 shipped no matter the number of committed buyers.

I've confirmed fitment on: **Remember this originated from a JDM B13 mirror so each will vary slightly but will have enough flex to fit on each type below.**
JDM & USDM B13 mirrors
NX2000 mirrors
B14 USDM mirrors

I still need to test:
P10 USDM mirrors
S14 USDM or JDM mirrors
B15 USDM mirrors
B14 or P11 JDM mirrors

They DO NOT FIT:
P11 USDM mirrors (mirror too long)
S13 240sx mirrors (mirror too long)

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok all, production of the visors has begun and I'm still ironing out some details before collecting payments for these.

I will only be doing these 1 time and anticipate to be ready to collect payments in the next 10-15 days. I'll update the masses once I'm ready to start the logistics end.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Work and home have pulled me away from this project for this month so I'm a little behind schedule. I'm starting to get caught up with everything so I'll be back on the GB in the next week or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts