SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, I just ordered a new set of NGKs from these guys. I paid $40+ from my dealership last time. This time I got them for $18!!! Not the cheapos, either! I also got a BRAND NEW Greddy catback from them for $400 after using a 1/3 off coupon from Popular Mechanics magazine. That's WITH shipping! I talked to a guy named Bob and he was super nice. You gotta check them out!

J

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know the code, it was in the March issue but all you gotta do is tell them (talk to a live technician, that's what I did). I told them I left my mag at home but I remembered what the coupon was for and they hooked it up!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I can't find Greddy anything listed on carparts.com. Where did you find Greddy stuff?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, I had to talk to a live guy for that, too... it wasnt too much trouble. His name was Robert (Bob). You could call 1-877-38PARTS x1758.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
There's a previous gen or two Prelude (the one with the flip-up headlights) in town lowered with rims and has a Greddy exhaust (unmistakable tip) and it's NOISY. Sounds like complete ****.

Do Prelude's sound *completely* different than our cars? I REEEEALLY don't want my car to sound like that. But I really like the Greddy style tip though. I'll get to look and hear a lot more at the convention.

I have an LS1 Exhaust Sounds website that is still up from back in the day when I was an LS1 enthusiast. www.geocities.com/Motorcity/Lane/9006 I would like to make one for SR20's. Anybody want to submit some wav's to me? I'll be at the National Convention with my video camera so I will try to record different exhaust sounds and post them to my regular web site.

·
Registered
254 Posts
1/3 off Greddy exhaust?! Wonder if they would do the same for the 98+ Greddy? I've seen it for $600-$650 with new EVOlution muffler. Ouch! If so, I've got to find the March issue.

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had stock, Stillen, and now a Greddy. The GReddy by far sounds the sweetest. The best description of the sound is deep, smooth, and intimidating, especially at WOT! The only thing is my exhaust system backfires. I think it's cuz I have no CAT. I'm straight stainless. HS 4-2-1 header which is 2 1/2" to a 2 1/2" stainless pipe in place of the header then the GReddy Cat Back which is 105mm I think. But it's really cool when you pass someone and all they hear is "wooooooooooooooooooo, POW!!, woooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!" hehehe

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ooops. I meant the header flex pipe is 2 1/2" to a 2 1/2" stainless pipe in place of the CAT (not header) THEN the GReddy...

·
Registered
254 Posts
The coupon is on the back cover of this month's issue, also. The # is 1606005. It states in small print that it is valid for up to 1/3 off or $100 dollars off a purchase. I sent in an email last Friday, but may call today for pricing on the 98+ Greddy and Hotshot CAI.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, this month's issue - http://popularmechanics.com/. I haven't called yet or had a response to my email question about Greddy and 98+ SR20's. But 1/3 *OR* $100 off is not bad.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just spoke with Bob - Carparts.com only carries SE-R Greddy exhausts (91-94). They don't carry HotShot, either. And Tanabe dosen't make an exhaust for 98+. Looks like Courtesy (even with the cutting) is still the best alternative for relatively inexpensive catbacks.

Hey Brian, think Courtesy would honor Carparts.com's coupon? :)-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts