SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SR20DE / DET expert, I just purchase the SMT-ADV piggy-back ecu to control timing and Air / Fuel ratio from www.perfectpower.com. I got few question that hope your experties can help me

1)Ours nissan SR20DE "SR engine" don't have CPS "Crankshaft position sensor" but with CAS "Crank angle sensor" with 1 deg and 180 deg sensor. have anyone try using this CAS to control the timing vs RPM like the ITC from Apexi?

2)What is the SR engine wave shape coming from the CAS?

3) if I us only the 1 deg CAS to control the timing and keep the 180 deg untouch will I face any problem?

4) and solution for Q3 if it give problem .

5) what wave shape is the SR engine CAS produce? and voltage range? "0-5v or 0-12v 0r negative voltage"?

6) Do SR engine using missing tooth technic?

Please advice, cause is my first time to try using such a piggy back

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
well the FWD SR20DE/T doesnt use ignition coils so there isn't much need to read off the crank (cam driven distributor handles the ignition) I tried the link you have to get more info on the system but it took me to some weird company, sorry I couldn't help more.

sorry I can't be of more help

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for puting this again and again, I really hope that someone can help me on this.

Also, I donwloaded the Unichip Schematic for the SR20DE / SR20DET wiring diagram, and unichip only use 1deg CAS, and did not tough the 180 DEG CAS, Is it the correct way?

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI I A A NEWBEE AND HAVE PUT A SR20DET IN AN EXA BODY NOW ITS TIME TO WIRE IN THE ECU BUT I CANT FIGURE THE DIZZY OUT I KNOW IT HAS A CAM SENSOR BUT IS IT A HALL SENSOR AND HOW TO CONNECT IT TO THE ECU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts